Meet the TPG Intern Who’s About to Jet Around the World in Style
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Attention TPG readers! The search for the Best Internship Ever is officially over. We set out to find the very best person for this job and, after reviewing more than 800 applications, we’ve found him. Without further ado, give a warm welcome to Javier Rodriguez — TPG’s first-ever Reviews and Travel Intern.
Javier — but call him Javi — grew up in Miami, Florida, and recently graduated from Georgia Tech in Atlanta. Since boarding his first flight at the age of five, he’s racked up over one million miles in the air while seeing 43 countries. While at Georgia Tech, he completed an internship on Delta’s Tech Ops team, which is one of the largest airline-owned maintenance, repair and overhaul operations in the world.
At Delta, he gained a reputation for taking the most indirect routings possible — think Atlanta to Miami via Los Angeles, or to Amsterdam via Seattle — just to spend more time in the air.
A true AvGeek, Javi will spend his summer at TPG reviewing all sorts of products — anything from the back of a Spirit jet to the very front of an Emirates one — that will take him across the nation and the globe. You can look for Javi’s reviews to begin publishing soon here on TPG; in the meantime, you can follow him on Instagram on his seriously AvGeeky account @35kfeet or @javi.rod.
Featured image by JT Genter/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees