Meet the TPG Intern Who’s About to Jet Around the World in Style
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Attention TPG readers! The search for the Best Internship Ever is officially over. We set out to find the very best person for this job and, after reviewing more than 800 applications, we’ve found him. Without further ado, give a warm welcome to Javier Rodriguez — TPG’s first-ever Reviews and Travel Intern.
Javier — but call him Javi — grew up in Miami, Florida, and recently graduated from Georgia Tech in Atlanta. Since boarding his first flight at the age of five, he’s racked up over one million miles in the air while seeing 43 countries. While at Georgia Tech, he completed an internship on Delta’s Tech Ops team, which is one of the largest airline-owned maintenance, repair and overhaul operations in the world.
At Delta, he gained a reputation for taking the most indirect routings possible — think Atlanta to Miami via Los Angeles, or to Amsterdam via Seattle — just to spend more time in the air.
A true AvGeek, Javi will spend his summer at TPG reviewing all sorts of products — anything from the back of a Spirit jet to the very front of an Emirates one — that will take him across the nation and the globe. You can look for Javi’s reviews to begin publishing soon here on TPG; in the meantime, you can follow him on Instagram on his seriously AvGeeky account @35kfeet or @javi.rod.
Featured image by JT Genter/The Points Guy
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee