Out with the old, in with the new: How to get a top travel car seat for $15
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In the market for a new car seat for your little one? You’re in luck, because Walmart just launched its car seat trade-in event in celebration of National Baby Safety Month.
As shared by Dan’s Deals, starting today through September 30, you can bring in any old car seat to a participating Walmart store and receive a $30 Walmart gift card. That’s right, you can clear out old gear from that garage or basement and get rewarded!
That’s a good deal by itself since little ones outgrow car seats, or the seats simply expire after about six years from the date of manufacture. What makes this deal even better is that Walmart actually sells one of the car seats on TPG‘s list of the best car seats for travel (the Cosco Scenera), starting around $40. With a $30 trade-in gift card in hand, you’ll pay about $10 to $15 (give or take a few bucks for taxes) for a brand-new car seat that’s pretty great for travel since it is so lightweight.
Here are the details:
- Limit of two trade-ins per household
- Booster seats aren’t eligible
- Walmart gift cards never expire and can be used in-store or online
This event is in partnership with TerraCycle, a company that works with major manufacturers and retailers to recycle “difficult-to-recycle” products. So, if you’re trading in an expired car seat, for example, you don’t have to worry about it being passed along to anyone else or just junking up landfills. The old seats will be recycled, not resold.
Featured image by Alina Reynbakh/Shutterstock
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees