Out with the old, in with the new: How to get a top travel car seat for $15
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In the market for a new car seat for your little one? You’re in luck, because Walmart just launched its car seat trade-in event in celebration of National Baby Safety Month.
As shared by Dan’s Deals, starting today through September 30, you can bring in any old car seat to a participating Walmart store and receive a $30 Walmart gift card. That’s right, you can clear out old gear from that garage or basement and get rewarded!
That’s a good deal by itself since little ones outgrow car seats, or the seats simply expire after about six years from the date of manufacture. What makes this deal even better is that Walmart actually sells one of the car seats on TPG‘s list of the best car seats for travel (the Cosco Scenera), starting around $40. With a $30 trade-in gift card in hand, you’ll pay about $10 to $15 (give or take a few bucks for taxes) for a brand-new car seat that’s pretty great for travel since it is so lightweight.
Here are the details:
- Limit of two trade-ins per household
- Booster seats aren’t eligible
- Walmart gift cards never expire and can be used in-store or online
This event is in partnership with TerraCycle, a company that works with major manufacturers and retailers to recycle “difficult-to-recycle” products. So, if you’re trading in an expired car seat, for example, you don’t have to worry about it being passed along to anyone else or just junking up landfills. The old seats will be recycled, not resold.
Featured image by Alina Reynbakh/Shutterstock
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.