TPG’s top 20 destinations for 2020, a bed bug nightmare and more
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Each Saturday, we round up the top miles, points and travel news that you might have missed on TPG this week. Here’s what you need to know:
Here are TPG’s best predictions for the new decade’s top destinations. Are any of them on your bucket list?
TPG’s Summer Hull and her family stayed at a nice hotel this summer that left them with some very nasty souvenirs — for months. Here’s how you can learn from her ordeal so you never have to go through such a harrowing experience.
Michael Lowe doesn’t often lie to his parents or make his mom cry. But when he does, it’s for a good reason.
Everyone was prepping for Y2K, flights were 30% pricier and there were a lot more opportunities to fly the Queen of the Skies.
This little trick could save you hundreds.
The Disney World Riviera Resort is sure to please both adults and children alike.
Wanna keep your travel perks? TPG Loyalty and Engagement Editor Richard Kerr helps you explore your options.
TPG analyst Zach Griff has plenty of elite status. Here’s why he doesn’t care about lounge access any more.
Here’s everything you need to know about purchasing a travel insurance plan.
This is the story of a woman who wouldn’t take “No” for an answer.
Talking Points: “The world’s most powerful flight attendant”
Learn all about the world of flight attendants by tuning in for this episode of TPG’s podcast Talking Points.
Featured photo by The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: Up to 100,000 bonus miles
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,040
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X miles on United® purchases
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80K bonus miles after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open. Plus, an additional 20K bonus miles after you spend $10,000 in the first 6 months
- $250 Annual Fee
- Earn 3X miles on United® purchases, 2X miles at restaurants, on select streaming services & all other travel, 1X on all other purchases
- Earn 3X miles on United Airlines purchases
- Earn 2X miles at restaurants and on select streaming services
- Earn 2X miles on all other travel
- Earn 1X mile on all other purchases
- Each year, receive a $125 credit on United® purchases and two 5k-mile anniversary award flight credits. Terms apply.