Tomorrow Only: United’s Unique Flight Out of Hawaii in Business Class For Only 50K Miles
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
United Airlines’ immediate suspension of its Newark to Mumbai route has led to a unique opportunity on Sunday, June 22. The airline is moving a Boeing 777-300 from Mumbai back to the mainland US tomorrow. The aircraft has been ferried from Mumbai to Honolulu and tomorrow at 7am it will depart for Newark (EWR), according to Live and Let’s Fly, with some amazing award space open in Polaris, United’s top business class.
Granted, you have to already be in Hawaii, but the award availability on this flight is certainly a rare opportunity: A nine-hour flight in lie-flat seats for only 50,000 miles.
A seat up front is currently pricing out at $1,109 for the flight if you book it with cash. TPG currently values United miles at 1.3 cents each. Using miles for this flight would see that reward redemption push that value closer to 2.0 cents per mile, representing an awesome value for this unique flight.
And thee’s more good news if you are looking to catch this flight — it’s still wide open. At the time of publication, almost every single seat on the plane is still open, including all business class seats.
If you’re in Hawaii and headed home tomorrow, this flight is a great opportunity for an amazing award redemption.
For the latest travel news, deals, and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured Photo by Darren Murph / The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees