Tomorrow Only: United’s Unique Flight Out of Hawaii in Business Class For Only 50K Miles
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
United Airlines’ immediate suspension of its Newark to Mumbai route has led to a unique opportunity on Sunday, June 22. The airline is moving a Boeing 777-300 from Mumbai back to the mainland US tomorrow. The aircraft has been ferried from Mumbai to Honolulu and tomorrow at 7am it will depart for Newark (EWR), according to Live and Let’s Fly, with some amazing award space open in Polaris, United’s top business class.
Granted, you have to already be in Hawaii, but the award availability on this flight is certainly a rare opportunity: A nine-hour flight in lie-flat seats for only 50,000 miles.
A seat up front is currently pricing out at $1,109 for the flight if you book it with cash. TPG currently values United miles at 1.3 cents each. Using miles for this flight would see that reward redemption push that value closer to 2.0 cents per mile, representing an awesome value for this unique flight.
And thee’s more good news if you are looking to catch this flight — it’s still wide open. At the time of publication, almost every single seat on the plane is still open, including all business class seats.
If you’re in Hawaii and headed home tomorrow, this flight is a great opportunity for an amazing award redemption.
For the latest travel news, deals, and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured Photo by Darren Murph / The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.