Targeted: Earn up to 160,000 points with the Chase Ink Business Preferred
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Capital One Spark Miles for Business
For a long time now, the largest welcome bonus available in the Chase Ultimate Rewards family hasn’t belonged to the premium Chase Sapphire Reserve®, but rather to the Ink Business Preferred Credit Card, the most valuable of Chase’s family of Ink credit cards for small businesses. The standard bonus offer has been 100,000 Ultimate Rewards points (worth $2,000 based on TPG’s latest valuations) after you spend $15,000 on purchases in the first three months. Now, Doctor of Credit is reporting that a new targeted offer for twice that amount has gone out to select customers via snail mail.
Customers who are targeted (receiving a letter from Chase with a unique offer invitation number), will be able to earn up to 160,000 Ultimate Rewards points after completing two tiers of spending:
- Earn 80,000 points after spending $5,000 in the first three months
- Earn an additional 80,000 points after spending $50,000 within the first six months
Of course, not every business will be able to hit that $50,000 threshold, but if you can, this is one of the best offers on the market, and even more valuable than the up to 200,000 mile bonus on the Capital One Spark Miles for Business, which also requires the same $50,000 in spending in six months.
The Ink Preferred comes with a very reasonable $95 annual fee and some strong business-friendly bonus categories to help you keep racking up points long after you’ve earned and redeemed your initial sign-up bonus. It earns 3x Ultimate Rewards points per dollar (a 6% return based on TPG’s valuations) on your first $150,000 in combined annual spending across the following categories:
- Travel, including airfare, hotels, rental cards, train tickets and taxis
- Shipping purchases
- Internet, cable and phone services
- Advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines
On the redemption side, your points can be transferred to Chase’s 10 airline and three hotel transfer partners. Similar to the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card, you’ll get a 25% bonus when redeeming your points directly through the Chase travel portal, giving you a minimum redemption value of 1.25 cents per point. The Ink Preferred also comes with a number of business- and travel-related perks, including cell phone protection, primary car rental insurance, trip delay, interruption and cancellation insurance and more.
Further Reading: Chase Ink Business cards showdown: Cash vs. Unlimited vs. Preferred
This offer is highly targeted and requires a unique invitation code in order to apply, so most people won’t be able to take advantage of it. However, let this serve as a good reminder that it’s always worth reading through your snail mail or emails, especially when it’s coming from a credit card issuer, airline or hotel that may be offering you the chance to earn bonus miles.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees