Targeted: 70,000-Point Welcome Bonus On The Gold Delta Amex
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express
If you’re considering signing up for a new Delta card, you may want to check your email to see if you’ve been targeted for an elevated welcome bonus for the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express.
I received an email from Delta with the offer, which directed me to a webpage where I entered my SkyMiles number. I was offered a 70,000-point welcome bonus after spending $2,000 in three months, with a $50 statement credit after making a Delta purchase in same timeframe. Delta SkyMiles are worth 1.2 cents each, making this increased bonus worth $840, according to TPG’s most recent valuations.
Remember that this appears to be targeted and is subject to change at anytime — no one else in the TPG office, for instance, appears to have been targeted.
Note that the current public offer is 30,000 miles after spending $1,000 within the first three months and a $50 statement credit after making a Delta purchase in the first three months.
The card has a $95 annual fee (see rates and fees) that’s waived the first year and offers perks such as a first bag checked free on Delta flights and Main Cabin 1 priority boarding. You’ll also earn 2X points on Delta purchases and 1X on all other purchases, with no foreign transaction fees (see rates and fees). The Gold Delta Amex also carries travel protections like secondary collision damage waiver, lost baggage reimbursement and travel accident insurance, as well as purchase protection benefits like extended warranty and return protection.
The card offers a Medallion Qualification Dollars (MQDs) waiver after spending $25,000 during the calendar year. This is a nice perk if you’re thinking about going for Silver, Gold or Platinum Delta elite status.
If you are targeted, we wouldn’t suggest you wait to apply as this offer expires September 18!
For rates and fees of the Gold Delta SkyMiles Amex card, please click here.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees