Targeted: 70,000-Point Welcome Bonus On The Gold Delta Amex
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express
If you’re considering signing up for a new Delta card, you may want to check your email to see if you’ve been targeted for an elevated welcome bonus for the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express.
I received an email from Delta with the offer, which directed me to a webpage where I entered my SkyMiles number. I was offered a 70,000-point welcome bonus after spending $2,000 in three months, with a $50 statement credit after making a Delta purchase in same timeframe. Delta SkyMiles are worth 1.2 cents each, making this increased bonus worth $840, according to TPG’s most recent valuations.
Remember that this appears to be targeted and is subject to change at anytime — no one else in the TPG office, for instance, appears to have been targeted.
Note that the current public offer is 30,000 miles after spending $1,000 within the first three months and a $50 statement credit after making a Delta purchase in the first three months.
The card has a $95 annual fee (see rates and fees) that’s waived the first year and offers perks such as a first bag checked free on Delta flights and Main Cabin 1 priority boarding. You’ll also earn 2X points on Delta purchases and 1X on all other purchases, with no foreign transaction fees (see rates and fees). The Gold Delta Amex also carries travel protections like secondary collision damage waiver, lost baggage reimbursement and travel accident insurance, as well as purchase protection benefits like extended warranty and return protection.
The card offers a Medallion Qualification Dollars (MQDs) waiver after spending $25,000 during the calendar year. This is a nice perk if you’re thinking about going for Silver, Gold or Platinum Delta elite status.
If you are targeted, we wouldn’t suggest you wait to apply as this offer expires September 18!
For rates and fees of the Gold Delta SkyMiles Amex card, please click here.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.