This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
We’re a week past Black Friday, but the post-Thanksgiving sales just keep up the giving: This Sunday is the one day out of the year when Target gift cards go on sale, and they’ll be 10% off.
Target tends to be the one-stop destination for almost everything, which is why it’s hard to go wrong buying a gift card. Besides, anyone with an extended family knows that procrastination time for holiday gift shopping is quickly approaching. A Target gift card is a great gift option for your traveler friends or relatives as you can buy anything from luggage to travel pillows to toiletries and so much more. Maybe that’s why so many agree that you can walk in for one thing and accidentally leave with the whole store.
However, if you’re worried about contributing to the predictability of a gift card present, you may consider purchasing a gift card for another reason: Meeting your minimum credit card spend. If you’re working towards a hefty sign-up bonus, it might be in your favor to get a gift card for a retailer that you know you’ll purchase from in the future. That way, you’ll meet the deadline for the spend while still giving yourself extra time to purchase what you want, when you want it.
Then again, it’s always nice to give back.
A few restrictions apply:
- The minimum gift card purchase is $10, and the maximum is $300 with a $30 maximum discount per household.
- The limit is one transaction of up to $300 in Target gift cards on Target.com.
- The offer doesn’t include Target Visa gift cards, Target MasterCard gift cards, Target American Express gift cards, or gift cards that other retailers have for sale in the store.
- Offer excludes reloads of previously purchased Target gift cards and cards given in exchange for electronic or prepaid trade-ins, cards provided for merchandise returns and cards provided as free promotional card with qualifying purchase.
Featured image by Scott Olson/Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees