T-Mobile Is Kicking Up Its International Coverage Options
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The race to cover the world map is competitive among cell-phone carriers, and T-Mobile is pushing to be more travel-friendly for frequent globetrotters.
T-Mobile announced that it is expanding its international coverage to 70 additional countries beginning July 22. Plus, the carrier is introducing a new flat-rate “daily data pass” option – and the price is reasonable in comparison to other carriers’ international plans.
Through T-Mobile ONE, customers can get unlimited 2G data and texting in international countries at no extra cost through the Simple Global plan. Once the carrier expands its international coverage in late July, that plan becomes a little more enticing.
On top of the coverage expansion to 210 countries, T-Mobile will also offer a daily data pass for $5 per day flat rate beginning on August 1 for those instances that you need faster speeds and unlimited talk. The pass includes high-speed data – 512MB of up to 4G LTE speeds – and unlimited calling abroad. Here’s how that $5 pass compares to what other carriers offer:
T-Mobile’s plan definitely seems competitive with other major carriers’ international options.
Google as another good option for travelers who need an international cell plan. TPG’s JT and Katie Genter rely on Google Project Fi for their continuous travels. A two-member plan is $35 per month plus $10 per GB for up to 10GB, then free data.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees