Get a Free Iced Starbucks Drink With Your Purchase Today
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s 5 o’clock somewhere.
Or at least, it is at Starbucks.
What we mean is — Starbucks is having another happy hour promotion. This time it’s a buy-one-get-one-free deal on iced beverages. Today only (Thursday, Aug. 8), you can get an additional cold brew, Refreshers, iced coffee, iced macchiatos and more with your purchase. But keep in mind — the deal is only applicable after 2pm on grande or larger drinks at participating Starbucks locations.
Redeeming your free Starbucks drink is easy. Just download the Starbucks app (if you don’t already have it) and check your inbox. The offer should be waiting there for you to use. For this specific promotion, you don’t need to be a rewards member. But if you are, it definitely can’t hurt to get your star count up.
You should also double down on your Starbucks purchase by using the right credit card. Currently, American Express has a new promotion that offers up to 15% off for targeted cardholders through Amex Offers. For example, some TPG staffers have an Amex Offer on the Amex Everyday for 15% back as a statement credit on a Starbucks purchase (up to $5). On the American Express® Gold Card — which already offers 4x points on dining — some are seeing an Amex Offer for 10% back on purchases, up to $5.
You can learn more about the Starbucks Credit Card here and enjoy making a friend or coworker’s day by picking up an extra iced beverage at no cost to you.
Featured image by Zhang Peng/LightRocket via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.