Get a Free Iced Starbucks Drink With Your Purchase Today
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s 5 o’clock somewhere.
Or at least, it is at Starbucks.
What we mean is — Starbucks is having another happy hour promotion. This time it’s a buy-one-get-one-free deal on iced beverages. Today only (Thursday, Aug. 8), you can get an additional cold brew, Refreshers, iced coffee, iced macchiatos and more with your purchase. But keep in mind — the deal is only applicable after 2pm on grande or larger drinks at participating Starbucks locations.
Redeeming your free Starbucks drink is easy. Just download the Starbucks app (if you don’t already have it) and check your inbox. The offer should be waiting there for you to use. For this specific promotion, you don’t need to be a rewards member. But if you are, it definitely can’t hurt to get your star count up.
You should also double down on your Starbucks purchase by using the right credit card. Currently, American Express has a new promotion that offers up to 15% off for targeted cardholders through Amex Offers. For example, some TPG staffers have an Amex Offer on the Amex Everyday for 15% back as a statement credit on a Starbucks purchase (up to $5). On the American Express® Gold Card — which already offers 4x points at restaurants — some are seeing an Amex Offer for 10% back on purchases, up to $5.
You can learn more about the Starbucks Credit Card here and enjoy making a friend or coworker’s day by picking up an extra iced beverage at no cost to you.
Featured image by Zhang Peng/LightRocket via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees