Fully vaccinated travelers can now enjoy all that St. Lucia has to offer as island eases restrictions
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
St. Lucia is the latest Caribbean island to update its travel rules to make vacation getaways more convenient for vaccinated tourists.
The West Indies country has relaxed its COVID-19 entry restrictions for fully vaccinated travelers, giving them free rein to experience all parts of the island from the moment they arrive. Fully vaxxed visitors can eat out at the island’s numerous restaurants, visit beaches and book sightseeing excursions. They also can book rooms at any number of hotels, villas and rental properties deemed COVID-safe by local officials. Returning nationals will also no longer have to quarantine.
Get the latest travel news by signing up for TPG’s free daily newsletter.
Under the new protocols established by St. Lucia authorities, travelers must have received the last dose of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine or a single-dose vaccine at least two weeks prior to arriving on the island.
All incoming visitors must indicate they are fully vaccinated when filling out a pre-arrival travel authorization form and upload proof of vaccination. Tourists must travel with their proper vaccination card or documentation. If you live in England, St. Lucia will accept the NHS app or NHS letter to demonstrate COVID vaccination status.
All pre-registered and fully vaccinated visitors will be able to move through customs quickly via a dedicated health screening line. They will be given a non-electronic ID wristband that must be worn for the duration of their stay.
Non-vaccinated travelers are welcome in St. Lucia but will have to quarantine for the first 14 days at one of two approved properties. Non-vaccinated returning citizens will be required to quarantine as well.
St. Lucia’s change in policy comes as another popular Caribbean island destination, St. Kitts and Nevis, tightened its entry rules. The twin-island nation just announced it will only allow fully vaccinated travelers to clear customs as it seeks to prevent any potential spread of COVID cases.
Featured Image by: Uwe Moser/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees