This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Singapore Airlines generally reserves its premium award redemptions for itself. Meaning, you can only typically book Singapore’s first and business class through the carrier’s own KrisFlyer program. While not a huge deal, it limits you from using the programs of its partners — United MileagePlus, Aeroplan, etc. — to book awards.
However, as One Mile at a Time reports, some Singapore premium awards are showing on carrier partners.
For example, you can book Singapore (SIN) to Los Angeles (LAX) in business class with Singapore via United’s MileagePlus program. The one-way ticket in SQ’s biz class on its A380-800 will run you 90,000 United miles + $51.
There seems to be good availability throughout the end of 2018 and into the beginning of 2019.
Aeroplan is also showing Singapore availability on the same route for 77,500 miles + CAD 66.
As OMAAT notes, Singapore availability isn’t showing on every Singapore-operated route. In addition, the Singapore availability isn’t showing on all of its partners. For example, while you can see SQ award availability on United and Aeroplan, nothing is showing via Avianca’s LifeMiles booking portal.
If you have a specific route in mind, it’ll be worth checking with both United and Aeroplan to see if it’s available.
Given that Singapore is usually very strict on how it opens award availability to partners, it’s likely that these redemptions with United and Aeroplan won’t be around for long.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees