Act Quick: Singapore Award Space Available via United and Aeroplan
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Singapore Airlines generally reserves its premium award redemptions for itself. Meaning, you can only typically book Singapore’s first and business class through the carrier’s own KrisFlyer program. While not a huge deal, it limits you from using the programs of its partners — United MileagePlus, Aeroplan, etc. — to book awards.
However, as One Mile at a Time reports, some Singapore premium awards are showing on carrier partners.
For example, you can book Singapore (SIN) to Los Angeles (LAX) in business class with Singapore via United’s MileagePlus program. The one-way ticket in SQ’s biz class on its A380-800 will run you 90,000 United miles + $51.
There seems to be good availability throughout the end of 2018 and into the beginning of 2019.
Aeroplan is also showing Singapore availability on the same route for 77,500 miles + CAD 66.
As OMAAT notes, Singapore availability isn’t showing on every Singapore-operated route. In addition, the Singapore availability isn’t showing on all of its partners. For example, while you can see SQ award availability on United and Aeroplan, nothing is showing via Avianca’s LifeMiles booking portal.
If you have a specific route in mind, it’ll be worth checking with both United and Aeroplan to see if it’s available.
Given that Singapore is usually very strict on how it opens award availability to partners, it’s likely that these redemptions with United and Aeroplan won’t be around for long.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.