Spirit Airlines will offer flights from West Virginia to Orlando
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Spirit Airlines will connect its base in Orlando to West Virginia next year, offering nonstop service between the state capital of Charleston and the home of Disney World.
The ultra-low-cost carrier will offer thrice-weekly service between Charleston’s Yeager Airport (CRW) and Orlando (MCO) starting Feb. 14, 2020, the Charleston airport said Tuesday. Flights will operate on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays with Airbus A320 jets.
“We’re excited to bring new nonstop service to Orlando, connecting West Virginia to the Theme Park Capital of the World,” John Kirby, vice president of network planning at Spirit, said in a statement. “Spirit’s new flights will help more families save money on travel to spend more on their dream vacation.”
The airline already offers seasonal summer service between Charleston and Myrtle Beach (MYR), according to Cirium schedules.
One other airline already flies between West Virginia and greater Orlando. Allegiant flies from Huntington’s Tri-State Airport, about 60 miles from Charleston, to Orlando’s secondary Sanford airport (SFB). Sanford is farther than MCO from Orlando and most of the region’s main attractions.
As for Charleston, AirTran Airways was the last airline to fly nonstop to Orlando, Cirium shows. AirTran, which merged with Southwest Airlines in 2010 and operated its last flight in 2014, served the route from 2009 to 2012.
Orlando is Spirit’s second largest base after its home at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL), Cirium schedules show. The carrier serves 45 cities from Orlando, where it established a base last December.
Spirit plans to add several new cities to its network as it grows capacity by 17-19% year-over-year in 2020, executives have said. That growth will be fueled by the delivery of 21 A320neo aircraft and potentially more A320s that it may lease.
Featured image courtesy of Airbus.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees