Southwest Airlines adds 10 new routes in summer schedule rollout
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Southwest Airlines will add 10 new routes across several of its busiest bases as part of its summer schedule roll out.
The low-cost carrier revealed three new daily routes from Baltimore/Washington (BWI) and two from Atlanta (ATL) on Wednesday as the airline extended its booking schedule through Aug. 10.
Southwest also will add new weekend-only routes from Nashville (BNA) and Houston Hobby (HOU) and add a Saturday-only nonstop between Kansas City, Missouri, and Charleston, South Carolina.
All of the new routes will be seasonal.
Southwest’s new service from Atlanta will be to Charleston, South Carolina (CHS); Norfolk, Virginia; and Panama City, Florida. Southwest will compete head-to-head with Delta Air Lines on all three routes.
From BWI, Southwest will add flights to Pensacola, Florida, and Tulsa, Oklahoma. The carrier will offer daily service on all five of those routes starting June 7.
The new destinations come as Southwest ramps up its presence in both cities.
At BWI, Southwest says its summer schedule will grow to a peak of 248 weekday departures, “the most departures the carrier has ever offered Baltimore travelers,” according to the airline. Baltimore was Southwest’s fifth-busiest airport by passengers in 2018. In Atlanta, Southwest’s weekday schedule will grow to a peak of 135 departures.
Elsewhere, Southwest is adding five seasonal weekend-only routes across its schedule.
Three of those will come from Nashville (BNA), where Southwest will begin Saturday-only service to Portland – both Maine and Oregon – and San Juan in Puerto Rico. Flights begin June 13.
There’s also one new international route, which will come from Houston Hobby (HOU). Saturday-only flights to Nassau in the Bahamas begin June 13.
And the airline will add a new Saturday-only route between Kansas City (MCI), Missouri and Charleston (CHS) in South Carolina.
A full list of the new seasonal routes is below.
Charleston, South Carolina (seasonal daily service begins June 7)
Norfolk, Virginia (seasonal daily service begins June 7)
Panama City, Florida (seasonal daily service begins June 7)
Pensacola, Florida (seasonal daily service begins June 7)
Tulsa, Oklahoma (seasonal daily service begins June 7)
Nassau, Bahamas (seasonal Saturday-only service begins June 13)
Portland, Maine (seasonal Saturday-only service begins June 13)
Portland, Oregon (seasonal Saturday-only service begins June 13)
San Juan, Puerto Rico (seasonal Saturday-only service begins June 13))
Charleston, South Carolina (seasonal Saturday-only service begins June 13)
Featured photo by Justin Sullivan/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.