Southwest Airlines adds 10 new routes in summer schedule rollout
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Southwest Airlines will add 10 new routes across several of its busiest bases as part of its summer schedule roll out.
The low-cost carrier revealed three new daily routes from Baltimore/Washington (BWI) and two from Atlanta (ATL) on Wednesday as the airline extended its booking schedule through Aug. 10.
Southwest also will add new weekend-only routes from Nashville (BNA) and Houston Hobby (HOU) and add a Saturday-only nonstop between Kansas City, Missouri, and Charleston, South Carolina.
All of the new routes will be seasonal.
Southwest’s new service from Atlanta will be to Charleston, South Carolina (CHS); Norfolk, Virginia; and Panama City, Florida. Southwest will compete head-to-head with Delta Air Lines on all three routes.
From BWI, Southwest will add flights to Pensacola, Florida, and Tulsa, Oklahoma. The carrier will offer daily service on all five of those routes starting June 7.
The new destinations come as Southwest ramps up its presence in both cities.
At BWI, Southwest says its summer schedule will grow to a peak of 248 weekday departures, “the most departures the carrier has ever offered Baltimore travelers,” according to the airline. Baltimore was Southwest’s fifth-busiest airport by passengers in 2018. In Atlanta, Southwest’s weekday schedule will grow to a peak of 135 departures.
Elsewhere, Southwest is adding five seasonal weekend-only routes across its schedule.
Three of those will come from Nashville (BNA), where Southwest will begin Saturday-only service to Portland – both Maine and Oregon – and San Juan in Puerto Rico. Flights begin June 13.
There’s also one new international route, which will come from Houston Hobby (HOU). Saturday-only flights to Nassau in the Bahamas begin June 13.
And the airline will add a new Saturday-only route between Kansas City (MCI), Missouri and Charleston (CHS) in South Carolina.
A full list of the new seasonal routes is below.
Charleston, South Carolina (seasonal daily service begins June 7)
Norfolk, Virginia (seasonal daily service begins June 7)
Panama City, Florida (seasonal daily service begins June 7)
Pensacola, Florida (seasonal daily service begins June 7)
Tulsa, Oklahoma (seasonal daily service begins June 7)
Nassau, Bahamas (seasonal Saturday-only service begins June 13)
Portland, Maine (seasonal Saturday-only service begins June 13)
Portland, Oregon (seasonal Saturday-only service begins June 13)
San Juan, Puerto Rico (seasonal Saturday-only service begins June 13))
Charleston, South Carolina (seasonal Saturday-only service begins June 13)
Featured photo by Justin Sullivan/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees