This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
With the Major League Baseball regular season winding down, the San Francisco Giants are pulling out the stops to ensure that folks keep packing the stands. If you’re in the Bay Area and looking for a place to hang on Saturday, look no further than AT&T Park. The first 40,000 fans who show up for Saturday’s 6:05pm matchup against the Colorado Rockies will go home with a coveted Alaska Airlines 2-for-1 flight voucher.
The game itself is on September 15, 2018, and you’ll need to book travel at alaskaair.com soon after. The BOGO offer requires that those holding vouchers book their travel by 11:59pm on September 17, 2018, with travel valid from October 30, 2018 to February 14, 2019. You’ll need to avoid blackout dates (November 17 – 29, 2018; December 13 – January 8, 2019), and while the deal only applies for travel Monday through Thursday, it is valid for both one-way and round-trip reservations.
You’ll be able to fly from the Bay Area (SFO, SJC, OAK, SMF, FAT, MRY, and STS) to anywhere in Alaska Airlines’ system, but it should be noted that it applies to coach class tickets only. Discount codes will be handed out at the ballpark, and will be valid for itineraries with exactly two people, traveling together and booked and ticketed at the same time in the same reservation and at the same fare. You can read the full list of terms and conditions here.
It’s worth mentioning that AT&T Park is one of several non-airport facilities that supports easier entry via CLEAR. If you’ve yet to become a member, signing up is easy — the first step is to register your personal information online. Then, you stop by a CLEAR kiosk to complete your enrollment by registering your biometric and ID information — this process won’t take more than 10 minutes. Once you complete those two steps, you’re all set and can start bypassing the “normal” security lines immediately.
A CLEAR membership costs $179 annually, or $149 using promo code TPG149. However, if you’re a Delta Diamond Medallion member, you can get your CLEAR membership for free. If you have Delta Platinum, Gold or Silver Medallion status or if you’re a cardholder of the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express, the Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express, the Delta Reserve® Credit Card from American Express or any of their business versions, you can get a discounted membership for $79 annually. If you’re a basic Delta SkyMiles member, you can get an annual rate of $99.
Featured image of AT&T Park courtesy of the author.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards