Weekend Plans: Go See the San Francisco Giants, Get an Alaska Airlines 2-for-1 Flight Voucher
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
With the Major League Baseball regular season winding down, the San Francisco Giants are pulling out the stops to ensure that folks keep packing the stands. If you’re in the Bay Area and looking for a place to hang on Saturday, look no further than AT&T Park. The first 40,000 fans who show up for Saturday’s 6:05pm matchup against the Colorado Rockies will go home with a coveted Alaska Airlines 2-for-1 flight voucher.
The game itself is on September 15, 2018, and you’ll need to book travel at alaskaair.com soon after. The BOGO offer requires that those holding vouchers book their travel by 11:59pm on September 17, 2018, with travel valid from October 30, 2018 to February 14, 2019. You’ll need to avoid blackout dates (November 17 – 29, 2018; December 13 – January 8, 2019), and while the deal only applies for travel Monday through Thursday, it is valid for both one-way and round-trip reservations.
You’ll be able to fly from the Bay Area (SFO, SJC, OAK, SMF, FAT, MRY, and STS) to anywhere in Alaska Airlines’ system, but it should be noted that it applies to coach class tickets only. Discount codes will be handed out at the ballpark, and will be valid for itineraries with exactly two people, traveling together and booked and ticketed at the same time in the same reservation and at the same fare. You can read the full list of terms and conditions here.
It’s worth mentioning that AT&T Park is one of several non-airport facilities that supports easier entry via CLEAR. If you’ve yet to become a member, signing up is easy — the first step is to register your personal information online. Then, you stop by a CLEAR kiosk to complete your enrollment by registering your biometric and ID information — this process won’t take more than 10 minutes. Once you complete those two steps, you’re all set and can start bypassing the “normal” security lines immediately.
A CLEAR membership costs $179 annually, or $149 using promo code TPG149. However, if you’re a Delta Diamond Medallion member, you can get your CLEAR membership for free. If you have Delta Platinum, Gold or Silver Medallion status or if you’re a cardholder of the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express, the Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express, the Delta Reserve® Credit Card from American Express or any of their business versions, you can get a discounted membership for $79 annually. If you’re a basic Delta SkyMiles member, you can get an annual rate of $99.
Featured image of AT&T Park courtesy of the author.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees