This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
With the Major League Baseball regular season winding down, the San Francisco Giants are pulling out the stops to ensure that folks keep packing the stands. If you’re in the Bay Area and looking for a place to hang on Saturday, look no further than AT&T Park. The first 40,000 fans who show up for Saturday’s 6:05pm matchup against the Colorado Rockies will go home with a coveted Alaska Airlines 2-for-1 flight voucher.
The game itself is on September 15, 2018, and you’ll need to book travel at alaskaair.com soon after. The BOGO offer requires that those holding vouchers book their travel by 11:59pm on September 17, 2018, with travel valid from October 30, 2018 to February 14, 2019. You’ll need to avoid blackout dates (November 17 – 29, 2018; December 13 – January 8, 2019), and while the deal only applies for travel Monday through Thursday, it is valid for both one-way and round-trip reservations.
You’ll be able to fly from the Bay Area (SFO, SJC, OAK, SMF, FAT, MRY, and STS) to anywhere in Alaska Airlines’ system, but it should be noted that it applies to coach class tickets only. Discount codes will be handed out at the ballpark, and will be valid for itineraries with exactly two people, traveling together and booked and ticketed at the same time in the same reservation and at the same fare. You can read the full list of terms and conditions here.
It’s worth mentioning that AT&T Park is one of several non-airport facilities that supports easier entry via CLEAR. If you’ve yet to become a member, signing up is easy — the first step is to register your personal information online. Then, you stop by a CLEAR kiosk to complete your enrollment by registering your biometric and ID information — this process won’t take more than 10 minutes. Once you complete those two steps, you’re all set and can start bypassing the “normal” security lines immediately.
A CLEAR membership costs $179 annually, or $149 using promo code TPG149. However, if you’re a Delta Diamond Medallion member, you can get your CLEAR membership for free. If you have Delta Platinum, Gold or Silver Medallion status or if you’re a cardholder of the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express, the Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express, the Delta Reserve® Credit Card from American Express or any of their business versions, you can get a discounted membership for $79 annually. If you’re a basic Delta SkyMiles member, you can get an annual rate of $99.
Featured image of AT&T Park courtesy of the author.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees