Get up to 30% back on your takeout and delivery orders with Seated
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
One of my favorite dining rewards programs just got more rewarding.
Restaurant rewards app Seated has announced that you can now earn up to 30% back on your food delivery and takeout orders. Previously, you could only earn rewards for making reservations through the app and dining in person.
For more TPG news, deals and points and miles tips delivered each morning to your inbox, subscribe to our daily newsletter.
Here’s how it works:
- Find a restaurant on the Seated app and click “Start an order”
- Use the restaurant’s preferred online ordering portal to place your order
- Go back to the Seated app and upload your receipt on the “Orders” tab
- Get your rewards within 72 hours and redeem them how you please
You can redeem rewards toward gift cards for brands like Amazon, Starbucks, Hulu, Target and Uber or unique experiences like special tastings and cooking classes. Seated has also set up a restaurant employee relief fund for each city it operates in that you can donate your rewards to. The minimum redemption amount is typically $10, but there is no minimum spend when you order from a Seated restaurant.
Overall, the process is very simple and a great way for restaurants to reward consumers for placing their orders directly, as opposed to going through a third party, which often tacks on hefty service fees. Plus, by ordering directly through the restaurants, you can ensure that you’re not getting inflated menu prices. As TPG’s loyalty and engagement editor Richard Kerr pointed out, menu prices can vary from platform to platform, and consumers can pay over 50% in premiums by ordering through a third party.
The app is currently available in Boston, New York City, Chicago, Philadelphia and Atlanta. New users can sign up here for an extra $15 reward after your first order.
To maximize your rewards, be sure to use a credit card that earns bonus points on dining purchases like the Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x) or American Express® Gold Card (4x). In addition to offering extra points on dining purchases, both cards come with annual dining credits. Plus, from June through August, you can use the up to $250 annual Hilton resort credit and up to $300 Marriott Bonvoy annual statement credit provided by your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card, or Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card toward dining at U.S. restaurants, including takeout and delivery.
Featured photo by Benji Stawski/The Points Guy.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.