Get up to 30% back on your takeout and delivery orders with Seated
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
One of my favorite dining rewards programs just got more rewarding.
Restaurant rewards app Seated has announced that you can now earn up to 30% back on your food delivery and takeout orders. Previously, you could only earn rewards for making reservations through the app and dining in person.
For more TPG news, deals and points and miles tips delivered each morning to your inbox, subscribe to our daily newsletter.
Here’s how it works:
- Find a restaurant on the Seated app and click “Start an order”
- Use the restaurant’s preferred online ordering portal to place your order
- Go back to the Seated app and upload your receipt on the “Orders” tab
- Get your rewards within 72 hours and redeem them how you please
You can redeem rewards toward gift cards for brands like Amazon, Starbucks, Hulu, Target and Uber or unique experiences like special tastings and cooking classes. Seated has also set up a restaurant employee relief fund for each city it operates in that you can donate your rewards to. The minimum redemption amount is typically $10, but there is no minimum spend when you order from a Seated restaurant.
Overall, the process is very simple and a great way for restaurants to reward consumers for placing their orders directly, as opposed to going through a third party, which often tacks on hefty service fees. Plus, by ordering directly through the restaurants, you can ensure that you’re not getting inflated menu prices. As TPG’s loyalty and engagement editor Richard Kerr pointed out, menu prices can vary from platform to platform, and consumers can pay over 50% in premiums by ordering through a third party.
The app is currently available in Boston, New York City, Chicago, Philadelphia and Atlanta. New users can sign up here for an extra $15 reward after your first order.
To maximize your rewards, be sure to use a credit card that earns bonus points on dining purchases at restaurants like the Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x) or American Express® Gold Card (4x). In addition to offering extra points on dining purchases at restaurnats, both cards come with annual dining credits. Plus, from June through August, you can use the up to $250 annual Hilton resort credit and up to $300 Marriott Bonvoy annual statement credit provided by your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card, or Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card toward dining at U.S. restaurants, including takeout and delivery. Enrollment required for select benefits.
Featured photo by Benji Stawski/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees