Save 20% on Southwest Rapid Rewards bookings through April 30
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Here’s some amazing news if you’re flying Southwest Airlines in the next few months: Southwest is offering 20% off award tickets for bookings made through Rapid Rewards by March 25, 2021. As first reported by One Mile at a Time, this limited-time discount is valid on travel through April 30, 2021.
All Southwest Rapid Rewards members qualify for this discount — just be sure to use promo code SAVENOW at the time of booking.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
This is a great offer for those of you who are planning trips involving Southwest Airlines this month or next. Southwest flies to over 100 destinations in the U.S., Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean, offering low fares, free checked bags and no change fees.
Redeeming points with Southwest is hassle-free, with each point being worth about 1.5 cents each toward travel on Wanna Get Away fares. Since Rapid Rewards is also a transfer program of Chase Ultimate Rewards points, so you can top off your account easily for a quick redemption if you have a card such as the Chase Sapphire Preferred or Chase Sapphire Reserve.
There are some noteworthy options for those ready to travel. For example, flights between Los Angeles (LAX) and Honolulu (HNL) start at just 8,968 Southwest Rapid Rewards points in April. With a 20% discount, you’ll redeem just 7,174 points each way to fly to paradise.
That’s a bargain, considering American Airlines requires 22,500 miles each way for an award ticket to Hawaii. Even Alaska Airlines award flights come out steep at 15,000+ miles each way. If you’re able to score such a cheap flight during this Southwest promotion, it’s well worth transferring those Ultimate Rewards points over.
Saving 20% on Southwest award tickets through April can offer substantial savings on award bookings — even more so if you have the Companion Pass. With more people being vaccinated each day and travel becoming generally easier to arrange, deals like this may offer a great opportunity to save on a vacation this spring.
Screenshots courtesy of Southwest.com
Featured photo by Angel DiBilio/Shutterstock
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.