Save 20% on Southwest Rapid Rewards bookings through April 30
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Here’s some amazing news if you’re flying Southwest Airlines in the next few months: Southwest is offering 20% off award tickets for bookings made through Rapid Rewards by March 25, 2021. As first reported by One Mile at a Time, this limited-time discount is valid on travel through April 30, 2021.
All Southwest Rapid Rewards members qualify for this discount — just be sure to use promo code SAVENOW at the time of booking.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
This is a great offer for those of you who are planning trips involving Southwest Airlines this month or next. Southwest flies to over 100 destinations in the U.S., Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean, offering low fares, free checked bags and no change fees.
Redeeming points with Southwest is hassle-free, with each point being worth about 1.5 cents each toward travel on Wanna Get Away fares. Since Rapid Rewards is also a transfer program of Chase Ultimate Rewards points, so you can top off your account easily for a quick redemption if you have a card such as the Chase Sapphire Preferred or Chase Sapphire Reserve.
There are some noteworthy options for those ready to travel. For example, flights between Los Angeles (LAX) and Honolulu (HNL) start at just 8,968 Southwest Rapid Rewards points in April. With a 20% discount, you’ll redeem just 7,174 points each way to fly to paradise.
That’s a bargain, considering American Airlines requires 22,500 miles each way for an award ticket to Hawaii. Even Alaska Airlines award flights come out steep at 15,000+ miles each way. If you’re able to score such a cheap flight during this Southwest promotion, it’s well worth transferring those Ultimate Rewards points over.
Saving 20% on Southwest award tickets through April can offer substantial savings on award bookings — even more so if you have the Companion Pass. With more people being vaccinated each day and travel becoming generally easier to arrange, deals like this may offer a great opportunity to save on a vacation this spring.
Screenshots courtesy of Southwest.com
Featured photo by Angel DiBilio/Shutterstock
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees