You can get free passport photos at Rimowa’s fancy new studio in New York City
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
I’m not sure I ever expected to see “free” and “Rimowa” appear in the same sentence, but it’s certainly something I could get used to.
The luxury luggage brand known for its very expensive carry-ons is, at the moment, offering free passport photos at its store in New York City’s Soho neighborhood.
Unfortunately, you won’t be walking away with a gratis suitcase, but you can go home with complimentary passport photos (or, if you don’t need a new passport, some fun 2-inch by 2-inch headshots).
As the company explains, its new studio “has been designed to create an elevated environment for a passport [photo shoot]” — and what TPG reader doesn’t appreciate an elevated environment?
The studio will be a significant upgrade from your neighborhood convenience store (no more standing awkwardly by the register while strangers watch you get your passport photo taken) and will feature “comfortable seating, flattering lighting and a seamless automated user experience.”
Even if you don’t have immediate plans to travel internationally, now is still a good time to check and see if your passport needs to be renewed. Remember, many countries require that your passport be valid for at least six months at the time you enter. So dust off your passport and make sure it’s ready to go when you are.
Related: How and when to renew your passport
Rimowa will print your physical passport photos on site, and you can request a digital version as well — all entirely free, with no appointment required.
The passport studio opens Wednesday, June 16, 2021, at 99 Prince Street in Manhattan, and will be available whenever the store is open, from 11 a.m. until 6 p.m. every Monday through Saturday. On Sundays, it’s open from 12 p.m. until 5 p.m.
Featured photo courtesy of Rimowa
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees