Reno Tahoe International Airport asking passengers for their New Year’s resolutions
If you’ve traveled at all during this busy holiday travel season, you’ve no doubt noticed that airports around the country are filling the terminals with music, entertainment, sparkly decorations, gift displays and more.
Reno Tahoe International Airport (RNO) is doing its part as well.
The airport’s Kindness Takes Flight team has been in overdrive, with holiday performances, Christmas Caroling, candy cane distributions, visits from the Paws 4 Passengers Therapy Dogs and volunteer greeters dressed in Victorian clothing.
And now that Christmas is over, the team has turned its attention to activities for the New Year by asking travelers to share their resolutions for 2020 on a Resolutions Wall.
From now through January 5, RNO airport is inviting all passengers and airport employees to grab a pen and a sticky note or two and add their 2020 New Year’s hopes and resolutions to the giant Resolution Wall set up just past the security checkpoint.
“With the hustle and bustle of holiday season, we wanted to inspire people to pause and reflect on the new year,” said RNO airport spokeswoman Annie Turner.
The Resolutions Wall went up Friday morning and by and by early afternoon a wide variety of inspiring and intriguing resolutions has already been posted.
Given the wall’s location just past security, we aren’t surprised that some of the earliest postings are directly related to travel and the airport experience. Here’s a sampling:
Other non-travel related resolutions include:
- Qualify for the Boston Marathon
- Stop stopping myself
- Be nice to my mother-in-law
- Make one person smile every day
- Study another language
- Score under 95 on a golf course
This is the third year RNO airport has created a Resolutions Wall. It’s modeled after the airport’s Gratitude Wall, which goes up in the terminal at Thanksgiving to be filled with sticky notes bearing messages about what travelers and airport employees are grateful for.
This past Thanksgiving more than 3600 gratitude notes were posted.
“Some of the notes were very personal,” said Turner. “A lot of people said they were grateful for their health and their children. And many kids said they were grateful for their moms and dads.”
Resolutions for 2020 may be added to the Resolutions Wall at Reno Tahoe International Airport Wall through January 5. After that, RNO staff will take photos of the entire wall and of selected resolutions and then recycle all the sticky notes.
Not traveling through RNO before January 5? Let us know what your 2020 Resolutions are in the comment section.
All images courtesy of RNO Airport.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.