Delta Unveils Refreshed Sky Club at Washington Reagan National Airport
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
The Delta Sky Club at Washington, DC’s Reagan National Airport (DCA) is the recipient of a refresh.
Highlights of DCA’s newly renovated Sky Club include an additional 1,800 square feet of space, as well as new food options from DC-based chef Marjorie Meek-Bradley. On the menu and at the buffet, passengers can expect to find fare from Meek-Bradley that’s rotated seasonally.
In total, the lounge now offers 9,000 square feet of space. According to Delta, nearly every seat in the lounge will feature access to power outlets. As would be expected, the lounge also features Wi-Fi.
Loungegoers will have access to a full-service bar, which is larger than the previous version. In addition, the bar area now features more seating options. As far as the drinks, you can expect seasonal cocktails, a 15-choice whiskey menu and wine selected by Delta’s Master Sommelier Andrea Robinson.
Delta says that many of the design features in the refreshed lounge are inspired by DCA’s home city. For example, the cherry blossom-inspired chandelier.
As Delta has been rolling out its CLEAR partnership, travelers can expect to be able to enter the DCA Sky Club with their membership to the biometric service. For those not familiar, CLEAR essentially allows you to use your fingerprint or eyescan to go through security, enter a Sky Club or board the plan. When it comes to security, it essentially allows you to bypass the entire security line, whether you have PreCheck or not.
A CLEAR membership costs $179 annually, or $149 using promo code TPG149. However, if you’re a Delta Diamond Medallion member, you can get your CLEAR membership for free. If you have Delta Platinum, Gold or Silver Medallion status or if you’re a cardholder of the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express, Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express, the Delta Reserve® Credit Card from American Express or any of their business versions, you can get a discounted membership for $79 annually. If you’re a basic Delta SkyMiles member, you can get an annual rate of $99.
The DCA renovation is the latest for Delta, which is working to revamp its Sky Club network. It recently announced that it’ll be opening a new Sky Club in Austin (AUS) in 2019 and in Phoenix (PHX) in late 2018. In addition, it has renovated Sky Clubs at Newark (EWR) and Minneapolis (MSP), as well as expanding the lounge in Raleigh (RDU).
You can access Delta Sky Clubs a couple different ways. Cardholders of the Delta Reserve® Credit Card from American Express get complimentary Sky Club access as long as you’re traveling on a Delta-coded or Delta-operated flight. If you’re traveling with a partner airline, you can pay $29 to access. Reserve cardholders can also pay $29 per person for up to two guests — they must be flying with Delta or a partner airline. In addition, cardholders of the Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Card and Platinum Delta SkyMiles Credit Card have to be flying with Delta or one of its partners in order to pay $29 for access. In addition, cardholders of the Platinum Card® from American Express and the Centurion Card get complimentary Sky Club access when traveling on Delta-operated flights. Guest access costs $29 per person for Delta-operated flights. Effective January 1, 2019, Delta is restricting who can access its Sky Clubs and when.
All images courtesy of Delta.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees