Delta Unveils Refreshed Sky Club at Washington Reagan National Airport
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
The Delta Sky Club at Washington, DC’s Reagan National Airport (DCA) is the recipient of a refresh.
Highlights of DCA’s newly renovated Sky Club include an additional 1,800 square feet of space, as well as new food options from DC-based chef Marjorie Meek-Bradley. On the menu and at the buffet, passengers can expect to find fare from Meek-Bradley that’s rotated seasonally.
In total, the lounge now offers 9,000 square feet of space. According to Delta, nearly every seat in the lounge will feature access to power outlets. As would be expected, the lounge also features Wi-Fi.
Loungegoers will have access to a full-service bar, which is larger than the previous version. In addition, the bar area now features more seating options. As far as the drinks, you can expect seasonal cocktails, a 15-choice whiskey menu and wine selected by Delta’s Master Sommelier Andrea Robinson.
Delta says that many of the design features in the refreshed lounge are inspired by DCA’s home city. For example, the cherry blossom-inspired chandelier.
As Delta has been rolling out its CLEAR partnership, travelers can expect to be able to enter the DCA Sky Club with their membership to the biometric service. For those not familiar, CLEAR essentially allows you to use your fingerprint or eyescan to go through security, enter a Sky Club or board the plan. When it comes to security, it essentially allows you to bypass the entire security line, whether you have PreCheck or not.
A CLEAR membership costs $179 annually, or $149 using promo code TPG149. However, if you’re a Delta Diamond Medallion member, you can get your CLEAR membership for free. If you have Delta Platinum, Gold or Silver Medallion status or if you’re a cardholder of the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express, Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express, the Delta Reserve® Credit Card from American Express or any of their business versions, you can get a discounted membership for $79 annually. If you’re a basic Delta SkyMiles member, you can get an annual rate of $99.
The DCA renovation is the latest for Delta, which is working to revamp its Sky Club network. It recently announced that it’ll be opening a new Sky Club in Austin (AUS) in 2019 and in Phoenix (PHX) in late 2018. In addition, it has renovated Sky Clubs at Newark (EWR) and Minneapolis (MSP), as well as expanding the lounge in Raleigh (RDU).
You can access Delta Sky Clubs a couple different ways. Cardholders of the Delta Reserve® Credit Card from American Express get complimentary Sky Club access as long as you’re traveling on a Delta-coded or Delta-operated flight. If you’re traveling with a partner airline, you can pay $29 to access. Reserve cardholders can also pay $29 per person for up to two guests — they must be flying with Delta or a partner airline. In addition, cardholders of the Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Card and Platinum Delta SkyMiles Credit Card have to be flying with Delta or one of its partners in order to pay $29 for access. In addition, cardholders of the Platinum Card® from American Express and the Centurion Card get complimentary Sky Club access when traveling on Delta-operated flights. Guest access costs $29 per person for Delta-operated flights. Effective January 1, 2019, Delta is restricting who can access its Sky Clubs and when.
All images courtesy of Delta.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.