Radisson Collection celebrates Milan Fashion Week with artist Mr. Slowboy
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re heading to Milan, Italy, before the end of August, lucky you.
You’ll get to visit the Duomo di Milano, the world’s largest Gothic cathedral; see Leonardo da Vinci’s The Last Supper; and shop for the very latest in designer brands.
Show up this week, and you might also spot some celebrities who are in town to see – and be seen at – the catwalk shows presented by some of the world’s biggest designers, including Gucci, Prada, Versace, Giorgio Armani and others during Milan Fashion Week. The event is underway through Feb. 28.
To celebrate Fashion Week, Radisson Collection, which is Radisson Hotel Group’s luxury lifestyle collection of properties, is hosting an art exhibition with contemporary artist and noted fashion illustrator Fei Wange, who is known as Mr. Slowboy. The exhibit is at Radisson Collection Hotel, Palazzo Touring Club Milan.
The Radisson Collection and Mr. Slowboy teamed up about a year ago, says Sophie Clarke, Radisson’s Global Director of Social Media & Consumer PR, and the artist has been traveling around the world creating illustrations that present his unique take on some of the brand’s unique hotels.
“He selects imagery from a hotel, then comes up with a story and characters to fit in the setting for which he then sketches the illustration to work alongside the photo,” Clarke told TPG.
The exhibition at the Radisson Collection Palazzo Touring Club, Milan features a selection of the sketches Mr. Slowboy made at other Radisson Collection properties in Brussels, Nanjing, and London (The May Fair), which is also an official partner of London Fashion Week, another important stop on the fashion circuit.
Along with the sketches Mr. Slowboy did across several Radisson Collection hotels, the Milan exhibition includes sketches of the Milanese fashion crowd, sketched by the artist while he was in residence at the hotel last week.
“This is a collection of personalities, from Milanese restauranteurs, to shop owners, fashion photographers or friends of Fei – some of them very well known to Milanese locals, ” said Clarke, as well as some of the people who were invited as special guests to the exhibition launch.
Mr. Slowboy’s exhibition at the Radisson Palazzo Touring Club, Milan launched in the lead up to Fashion Week and will be on display through the end of August 2022. To see it, make your way to the hotel’s Veloce Bar.
Be sure to look around while you’re there. Radisson Collection Hotel, Palazzo Touring Club Milan opened in September 2021 and is an 89-room hotel housed inside a building that dates back to 1915. It was once the headquarters of the non-profit Touring Club Italiano, which was founded in 1894 to promote Italy. Today the group is known as the Italian Tourist Association. The club’s travel agency and historical library (which has a copy of Mr. Slowboy’s new book of fashion sketches) still exist in the hotel today.
Radisson Collection has more artist partnerships lined up for 2022 at hotels in the United Kingdom, Spain, Belgium, Italy, and other locations in Europe, the Middle East and Asia. Radisson Collection art partner Rich McCor, known as paperboyo, is scheduled to join the brand in celebrating the 65th anniversary of Radisson Collection Hotel, Moscow in May (current events may change that) and for the grand opening of Radisson Collection Hotel, Gran Vía Bilbao later in the summer.
Featured image courtesy of Radisson Hotel Group.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees