Qatar Airways Is Bringing Its QSuites to Los Angeles
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Last year, Qatar Airways dazzled the public with renderings of the airline’s brand new business class product, QSuites. Qatar Airways QSuites made their debut on an actual aircraft just three months after they were initially announced. A rather complex business class product, the custom designed QSuite has been slow to make its way on to other aircraft. This has meant that only a few select flagship routes have been lucky enough to see the QSuites. It appears that Los Angeles will be the next Qatar Airways destination lucky enough to receive service with QSuite configured aircraft.
Starting on February 2, 2019, flights between Los Angeles (LAX) and Doha, Qatar (DOH), will regularly see QSuite service. The flights will be operated by a retrofitted Boeing 777-200LR (77L) once daily. Though the QSuite appears to be a regular visitor, there are a few dates initially that will still be served with Qatar’s pre-existing business class product.
Flights on February 3rd and 5th will be operated by aircraft without the QSuites. Beyond that date, it would appear that Los Angeles will regularly see aircraft configured with Qatar Airways’s QSuites.
This is fantastic news for LA. The flight time between LAX and Doha is a whopping 15 hours and 50 minutes, while Doha to LA is just over 16 hours. What’s more, LAX is a home to American Airlines, a Oneworld alliance partner of Qatar Airways. Assuming Qatar Airways doesn’t leave Oneworld, QSuite passengers would be eligible to access American Airlines’ amazing new flagship lounge in Terminal 4 or the Oneworld business lounge in the Tom Bradley International Terminal (TBIT). Not only will the experience in-flight be phenomenal, but ground service should also be memorable.
If you’re looking to take advantage of this new service, there are a plethora of ways to do so. If you’re in the market to book a full-fare ticket, a one-way ticket between LAX and Doha in a QSuite will cost you $8,463. If that seems a bit steep, AAdvantage award space is wide-open through the month of February with a nonstop flight in QSuites running AAdvantage members 70,000 miles.
Be sure to take a look at Zach Honig’s full review of the Qatar Airways QSuites is you’re not sure if you’re willing to burn through cash or miles. (Spoiler alert: It’s an amazing product.) Additionally, Qatar Airways’ hub in Doha allows for seamless connections to various cities throughout the Middle East, India and Asia. If you’re looking for other QSuite routes, Qatar Airways currently operates flights between Doha and Houston (IAH), Chicago (ORD), New York City (JFK) and Washington DC (IAD).
(Featured Image By Zach Honig)
WELCOME OFFER: 30,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: up to $100 annual CLEAR statement credit, up to $100 annual LoungeBuddy statement credit, 3x points on travel and transit, 3x points on restaurants worldwide
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 30,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on all eligible travel, from subway swipes and window seats to hotel stays and city tours.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points at restaurants worldwide.
- Receive up to $100 per year in statement credits when you use the American Express® Green Card to pay for your CLEAR® membership at select airports and stadiums across the U.S. and Permissible Biometric Scanning Technology terms: eye scanning, irises scanning and fingerprints scanning.
- Use the American Express® Green Card to purchase lounge access through LoungeBuddy to any of the lounges in the LoungeBuddy network – no memberships, elite statuses, or first class tickets required. Earn up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year on your LoungeBuddy purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $150 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees