Amazon Prime Members Can Now Get Whole Foods Delivery in 53 Cities
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Just eight months after Amazon first began shipping Whole Foods orders to Prime members’ doorsteps in select locations, the service has expanded to include millions of additional customers in more than four dozen US cities.
The huge online retailer, which bought Whole Foods in 2017, announced Wednesday that it had expanded the Prime Now service to Annapolis, Maryland; Cleveland, Ohio; Louisville, Kentucky; North and Central New Jersey and Pittsburgh, as well as additional locations in the San Francisco Bay Area. In all, the door-to-door service is available in 53 cities, including all 10 of the largest US cities by population. Amazon says it plans to continue expansion of the service throughout the remainder of the year.
Enter your ZIP code online or on the mobile app to see if delivery is available in your area. With this feature, Prime members can shop for thousands of Whole Foods items for delivery, including fresh and organic produce, bakery, dairy, floral and meat and seafood. If you have Alexa, you can also learn if the service is available in your area by asking, “Alexa, shop Whole Foods.” Whole Foods delivery through Prime Now is available every day between 8am and 10pm.
On top of the 10% discount Prime members already receive on sale items, you can trim your grocery bill even more by using a credit card that rewards Amazon spending. Earn 5% cash back on purchases at Whole Foods and at Amazon.com with the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Card, for example.
Meanwhile, Whole Foods says it has expanded its curbside grocery pickup service to three new cities: Dayton, Ohio; Louisville, Kentucky and Omaha, Nebraska. The service launched in August and is available in eight cities. Prime members can order grocery pickup at checkout when they shop online or use the Prime Now app. Customers can choose free pickup in as little as an hour on orders of at least $35, or in 30 minutes for a $4.99 fee.
Featured image by John Leyba / Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.