Amazon Prime Members Can Now Get Whole Foods Delivery in 53 Cities
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Just eight months after Amazon first began shipping Whole Foods orders to Prime members’ doorsteps in select locations, the service has expanded to include millions of additional customers in more than four dozen US cities.
The huge online retailer, which bought Whole Foods in 2017, announced Wednesday that it had expanded the Prime Now service to Annapolis, Maryland; Cleveland, Ohio; Louisville, Kentucky; North and Central New Jersey and Pittsburgh, as well as additional locations in the San Francisco Bay Area. In all, the door-to-door service is available in 53 cities, including all 10 of the largest US cities by population. Amazon says it plans to continue expansion of the service throughout the remainder of the year.
Enter your ZIP code online or on the mobile app to see if delivery is available in your area. With this feature, Prime members can shop for thousands of Whole Foods items for delivery, including fresh and organic produce, bakery, dairy, floral and meat and seafood. If you have Alexa, you can also learn if the service is available in your area by asking, “Alexa, shop Whole Foods.” Whole Foods delivery through Prime Now is available every day between 8am and 10pm.
On top of the 10% discount Prime members already receive on sale items, you can trim your grocery bill even more by using a credit card that rewards Amazon spending. Earn 5% cash back on purchases at Whole Foods and at Amazon.com with the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Card, for example.
Meanwhile, Whole Foods says it has expanded its curbside grocery pickup service to three new cities: Dayton, Ohio; Louisville, Kentucky and Omaha, Nebraska. The service launched in August and is available in eight cities. Prime members can order grocery pickup at checkout when they shop online or use the Prime Now app. Customers can choose free pickup in as little as an hour on orders of at least $35, or in 30 minutes for a $4.99 fee.
Featured image by John Leyba / Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees