Prepare Your Eardrums: Dubai International Airport Is Rolling Out a Resident DJ Program
What’s more soothing than going through security, getting past hordes of people, and mentally preparing for a 14-hour flight? Listening to some house music before takeoff? Then boy oh boy, do we have some good news for you!
Dubai International Airport (DXB) has begun to roll out a resident DJ program that will present free monthly concerts for travelers. It’s a new initiative as part of the airport’s #musicDXB program, and the airport paired with DJ duo Hollaphonic to make it happen. There’s going to be some flexibility here, too — they’re planning on performing on different stages set up throughout the airport, and will choose their performance location depending on which area is most packed with flyers at the time. Keep in mind here that Dubai is the world’s busiest airport for international travel. Because why try to relax in a crowd of people before a long flight when you could just listen to some loud house music instead?
“The team at DXB have really cool visions about how far this can go – whatever idea someone thinks is the best, craziest and most unthinkable: that’s what we’re aiming for,” Olly Wood, co-founder, executive producer, and one half of the act, said in an interview with Time Out Dubai. He added, “this is the first considered music campaign that any airport in the world has done.”
You can say that again.
We’ll just leave this link for the 5 Best Over-Ear Noise-Canceling Headphones here.
Featured image by Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.