Prepare Your Eardrums: Dubai International Airport Is Rolling Out a Resident DJ Program
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
What’s more soothing than going through security, getting past hordes of people, and mentally preparing for a 14-hour flight? Listening to some house music before takeoff? Then boy oh boy, do we have some good news for you!
Dubai International Airport (DXB) has begun to roll out a resident DJ program that will present free monthly concerts for travelers. It’s a new initiative as part of the airport’s #musicDXB program, and the airport paired with DJ duo Hollaphonic to make it happen. There’s going to be some flexibility here, too — they’re planning on performing on different stages set up throughout the airport, and will choose their performance location depending on which area is most packed with flyers at the time. Keep in mind here that Dubai is the world’s busiest airport for international travel. Because why try to relax in a crowd of people before a long flight when you could just listen to some loud house music instead?
“The team at DXB have really cool visions about how far this can go – whatever idea someone thinks is the best, craziest and most unthinkable: that’s what we’re aiming for,” Olly Wood, co-founder, executive producer, and one half of the act, said in an interview with Time Out Dubai. He added, “this is the first considered music campaign that any airport in the world has done.”
You can say that again.
We’ll just leave this link for the 5 Best Over-Ear Noise-Canceling Headphones here.
Featured image by Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees