Prepare Your Eardrums: Dubai International Airport Is Rolling Out a Resident DJ Program
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
What’s more soothing than going through security, getting past hordes of people, and mentally preparing for a 14-hour flight? Listening to some house music before takeoff? Then boy oh boy, do we have some good news for you!
Dubai International Airport (DXB) has begun to roll out a resident DJ program that will present free monthly concerts for travelers. It’s a new initiative as part of the airport’s #musicDXB program, and the airport paired with DJ duo Hollaphonic to make it happen. There’s going to be some flexibility here, too — they’re planning on performing on different stages set up throughout the airport, and will choose their performance location depending on which area is most packed with flyers at the time. Keep in mind here that Dubai is the world’s busiest airport for international travel. Because why try to relax in a crowd of people before a long flight when you could just listen to some loud house music instead?
“The team at DXB have really cool visions about how far this can go – whatever idea someone thinks is the best, craziest and most unthinkable: that’s what we’re aiming for,” Olly Wood, co-founder, executive producer, and one half of the act, said in an interview with Time Out Dubai. He added, “this is the first considered music campaign that any airport in the world has done.”
You can say that again.
We’ll just leave this link for the 5 Best Over-Ear Noise-Canceling Headphones here.
Featured image by Getty Images.
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee