American Express’ Plenti Program to Officially End on July 10
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Plenti, the coalition loyalty program managed by American Express, is officially ending on July 10, 2018.
In an internal memo, Rite Aid, which is one of the members of Plenti, detailed phasing-out plans for the program’s final months. As reported by Doctor of Credit, Rite Aid employees are directed in the memo to not tell customers that the Plenti program is ending until April 16 — almost three months before it’s officially a program of the past.
Plenti was launched in 2015 as the first coalition loyalty program in the US, initially with eight members — Exxon, Mobil, AT&T, Macy’s, Hulu, Nationwide, Direct Energy and Rite Aid. The program allows allows member to earn and redeem points across all member programs.
The program never truly reached the level of success that American Express had originally planned. In recent months, there have been many signs that the program was fading out of existence, including in December 2017, when Amex officially removed Plenti as a Membership Rewards transfer partner. In addition, Amex discontinued its co-branded credit card, and retailers like Macy’s have left the program. All that, combined with the fact that Plenti offered sub-par redemption rates, means this news isn’t exactly devastating. Still, RIP Plenti.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.