This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Express is informing customers of Membership Rewards-earning credit cards that a transfer partner is being discontinued in 2018. As of February 2, 2018, it will no longer be possible to transfer your Membership Rewards points to Plenti.
I got a notice on my most recent monthly statement for my Platinum Card from American Express. There, the issuer detailed that you’ll no longer be able to transfer points to Plenti.
Plenti has never been known to be one of the more valuable transfer partners of the Membership Rewards program, so this change likely won’t affect many cardholders. That being said, it was a way to redeem points for non-travel purchases — a valuable benefit for some.
The program, which was first launched by Amex in 2015, has been under pressure recently. Earlier this month, Amex announced that it was discontinuing its Plenti co-branded credit card as of February 16, 2018. Now with Amex eliminating the program as a transfer partner, it’s possible that Plenti could be gone for good. If you’re interested in redeeming Membership Rewards points for Plenti, be sure to complete your transfer by February 2, 2018.
H/T: Doctor of Credit
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Up to $200 for Uber rides annually. Credit and Uber VIP status available to Basic Card Member only.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on eligible hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- As a Platinum Card Member, you can enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees