This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
I just returned from my second Coachella adventure in southern California. Both this year and last, I spent some time at the American Express Platinum House at the Parker Palm Springs, which made my Coachella experience that much better. To get access to the Platinum House, you had to have either The Platinum Card® from American Express or the Centurion card. Fortunately, though, Card Members could each bring up to three guests, which allowed me to bring some friends along.
The Platinum House at the Parker Palm Springs was only open the first weekend on Saturday and Sunday (April 14 and 15, 2018) and not the second weekend. I’m hoping that it’ll make a return next year, because this year’s event was a blast!
While last year’s event was completely outside, this year there was a covered portion that provided a refuge from the desert sun — definitely a big improvement. The tent installation was called Platinum Mountain and was custom designed by Snarkitecture, a firm co-founded by Platinum Collective member Daniel Arsham.
The highlight of the event for me was Julia Michaels’ performance under the sun — she has a beautiful voice and is a truly fantastic performer.
Other artists including Justine Skye, Duckworth and Kiana Lede performed as well.
Although I didn’t make it to the SoulAnnex class this year, I went last year to the SoulCycle pop-up and loved it. The class was taught by SoulCycle Founding Senior Master Instructor and Platinum Collective Member Stacey Griffith, who also happens to be a friend of mine. This year, though, I stayed in Indio so I couldn’t make it to the class in time.
During the event, I sampled some snacks and drinks (including the Platinum Heat cocktail!), got a free crystal reading with the House of Intuition and checked out the swimwear pop up shop from Tash Oakley.
I love that Amex provides these one-of-a-kind events for Card Members — it’s just one of the many perks that card membership comes with. You can read more about why I love this card here, but to name a few, I love the Centurion Lounge access, the 5X points on airfare purchases and free SPG Gold status (which also gets you Marriott Gold… at least for now).
Upcoming Amex Milestones
- New Centurion lounges coming to Denver International Airport and New York JFK in 2019 (who else is super excited for this?!)
- Reservations exclusive to Amex Card Members starting on May 1, 2018 for the EMP Summer House in East Hampton
- New chefs coming to Global Dining Collection
- An EMP Winter House (a pop-up restaurant) in Aspen with Eleven Madison Park
Take Note of These Upcoming Events
Amex is really amping up its experiences for Platinum Card Members — this includes some of the By Invitation Only events coming up (these are not free). There are almost 100 events around the world each year — click here for more info.
- Summer Kick-Off Dinner at EMP Summer House – June 1, 2018 in East Hampton, NY
- Napa Valley Harvest Trip – Sept. 20-23, 2018
- The American Pavilion Experience at Cannes – May 9-11, 2018
If you want to be in the loop about all upcoming events, click here to join the newsletter (top right corner once you click through).
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees