Up to $200 in easy credits available at Home Depot and Best Buy with new Amex Offers
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s a new year, which means new credit card offers and (if I had to guess) an optimistic checklist of home and life improvement projects on your personal to-do list.
If you’re itching to start 2021 with a bathroom renovation, backyard overhaul or a few choice home upgrades, there are two great Amex Offers available right now that can confer serious savings of up to $200.
Want more credit card news and advice from TPG? Sign up for our free daily newsletter.
Save up to $100 at The Home Depot
Many people who have The Platinum Card® from American Express have a new Amex Offer available to them that awards $50 back on up to two purchases of $50 or more when you shop online at The Home Depot. That means you could save $100 with two $50 orders made at The Home Depot’s website by June 30, 2021, and have zero out-of-pocket expenses.
Even if you don’t have a home improvement project on your to-do list, you can still stock up on paper towels and other household items.
Just remember to add the offer to your card before shopping. At this time, The Home Depot offer is only eligible with certain U.S.-issued personal Platinum and personal Centurion American Express® cards.
Save up to $100 at Best Buy
The Best Buy Amex Offer appears to be available on select U.S.-issued personal Platinum and both personal and business Centurion cards. Because these are targeted offers, not all cardholders will receive these deals — and they appear to be more likely on primary accounts rather than authorized user cards.
But if you have this offer, much like with The Home Depot offer, you can get a $50 statement credit with a $50 online purchase at Best Buy’s website up to two times by June 30, 2021.
In addition to appliances, Best Buy sells all kinds of electronics and accessories such as new video games to keep everyone occupied at home.
Increase your savings
You could save even more money when you start at a shopping portal.
Use Cashback Monitor to find the best cash-back or points and miles offer for you. At The Home Depot, for example, you could earn over 8% back at a number of cash-back portals or 3 JetBlue True Blue points per dollar spent. The current best offers for Best Buy include up to 4% at Top Cashback or 1 United MileagePlus mile per dollar.
If you have an up to $30 monthly PayPal credit when you use your Platinum card (ends June 30, 2021), you may get even more money back on these purchases when you shop at The Home Depot or Best Buy by checking out via PayPal with your Platinum card.
And, of course, you should always check for additional deals, discounts and coupons before finalizing your purchase.
If you spend just $50 online at Best Buy and Home Depot, you could actually come out ahead on your purchase. And you can do this twice in the next six months at each retailer, saving $200 on purchases and walking away with cash back or extra airline miles in your pocket if you start your purchase from a shopping portal.
Even though I mostly shop at The Home Depot for lumber, dirt and rocks, there are plenty of everyday household items you could stock up on instead. I’ll be the first to admit I love putting purchases on my Home Depot store card (hello, 24-month financing with 0% interest!) but the next time I shop there, I’ll be sure to swipe my Platinum card at least two times to get the statement credits.
And if American Express is going to all but pay me to shop at Best Buy, well, I’m sure I can find something I need there, too.
Not seeing these offers on your credit card account? Don’t fret. There are a ton of other Amex Offers right now that could effectively cancel out your purchases, including $9.99 back when you spend the same amount or more on books at Scribd. You may also get $50 back for every $50 you spend on Home Chef orders, or $30 back when you spend $30 at WineInsiders.com.
Featured image by Isabelle Raphael / The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees