Last chance to use your $200 Home Depot and Best Buy Amex Offers
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available.
There are only a few days left in June, which means time is running out to use two very popular Amex Offers that can confer serious savings of up to $200.
Want more credit card news and advice from TPG? Sign up for our free daily newsletter.
Save up to $100 at The Home Depot
Many people who have The Platinum Card® from American Express received an Amex Offer at the beginning of the year that awards $50 back on up to two purchases of $50 or more when you shop online at The Home Depot. That means you could save $100 with two $50 orders made at The Home Depot’s website by June 30, 2021, and have zero out-of-pocket expenses.
Even if you don’t have a home improvement project on your to-do list, you can still stock up on paper towels and other household items.
Just remember to add the offer to your card before shopping. At this time, The Home Depot offer is only eligible with certain U.S.-issued personal Platinum and personal Centurion American Express® cards.
Save up to $100 at Best Buy
The Best Buy Amex Offer appears to be available on select U.S.-issued personal Platinum and both personal and business Centurion cards. Because these are targeted offers, not all cardholders will receive these deals — and they appear to be more likely on primary accounts rather than authorized user cards.
But if you have this offer, much like with The Home Depot offer, you can get a $50 statement credit with a $50 online purchase at Best Buy’s website up to two times by June 30, 2021.
In addition to appliances, Best Buy sells all kinds of electronics and accessories, including travel-friendly headphones, tablets and portable gaming devices.
Increase your savings
You could save even more money when you start at a shopping portal.
Use Cashback Monitor to find the best cash-back or points and miles offer for you. At The Home Depot, for example, you could earn 4% right now through a cash-back portal or 3 JetBlue True Blue points per dollar spent. The current best offers for Best Buy include up to 2% at Top Cashback or 1 United MileagePlus mile per dollar.
And, of course, you should always check for additional deals, discounts and coupons before finalizing your purchase.
Right now, for example, I am receiving 1 additional Membership Rewards point per dollar spent at BestBuy.com. So, be certain that you’ve scoured all of your Amex Offers before checking out.
If you spend just $50 online at Best Buy and Home Depot, you could actually come out ahead on your purchase. And you still have a few days to take advantage of the current offers. You could also walk away with additional cash back or extra airline miles in your pocket if you start your purchase from a shopping portal.
Just keep in mind that shoppers have had vastly different experiences when taking advantage of these offers. Earlier this year, people were reporting long delays in seeing these offers post to their accounts.
And even though both the Best Buy and The Home Depot offers specify that you can get up to $50 back twice, I received a single $100 Best Buy credit just one day after purchasing Apple AirPods Pro the other day. A colleague reported a similar experience with both Best Buy and The Home Depot. So, if you have bigger purchases in mind, know that there’s a possibility both credits could be combined — and consider waiting to see what statement credit you get before making a separate purchase.
Featured image by Isabelle Raphael / The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees