Renovated Park Hyatt Toronto to open in September
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
After being closed for several months for a full renovation, the Park Hyatt Toronto will once again welcome guests in September of this year.
The property design was led by Alessandro Munge of Studio Munge, who was inspired by “Canada’s striking seasons and natural landscapes” when redesigning one of the metropolis’ finest hotels.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
The hotel and its guest rooms will exude the feeling of a high-end home with modern materials and softer color palettes meant to help guests relax in their surroundings.
On the 17th floor, guests will find the Writers Room, a cocktail bar that’s long been a hit with residents of Toronto and those visiting from elsewhere. Offering tantalizing skyline views, the bar is an homage to its history as a place where giants of literature have met to share ideas and derive inspiration. The hotel will also feature a signature dining experience that will be made known in the weeks to come. A press release from Hyatt states it will be “influenced by the spirit of Toronto’s vibrant arts and culture scene.”
In addition to the completely revamped hotel, the surrounding development has gotten a big upgrade, too. Developers added 65 high-end apartments available to rent as well as 20,000 square feet of retail space along with frontage on Bloor Street and Avenue Road, which is sure to make the Park Hyatt a destination unto itself when it does reopen.
Rooms are available at the newly renovated Park Hyatt Toronto as of Sept. 15, with cash rates from CAD608 (about $453) on opening night. As a Category 6 World of Hyatt property, award nights will cost you 25,000 points apiece. And remember, since Chase Ultimate Rewards points transfer to World of Hyatt at a 1:1 ratio, it’s easy to acquire the points you need for an award stay.
Right now, you could earn at least four complimentary nights at this property by signing up for the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card, which is currently offering a sign-up bonus of 60,000 points after you spend $4,000 on purchases within the first three months of account opening.
Featured rendering courtesy of CNW Group/Park Hyatt Toronto
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees