This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Marriott Rewards Premier Plus Credit Card
One of the many changes to come from the move toward a combined Marriott/SPG program has been the introduction of a new Chase Marriott credit card: the Marriott Rewards Premier Plus Credit Card. It launched in early May, and since then has been offering a sign-up bonus of 100,000 points after you spend $5,000 in the first three months.
Now, you have just one week left to sign up and get this bonus, as it’s ending July 12. While TPG’s valuation of these points may change a bit as Starpoints and Marriott points are merged into one currency in August, based on our current valuations, the 100,000 Marriott points from this bonus are worth $900, so this is a offer seriously worth considering.
This card has a $95 annual fee and doesn’t charge foreign transaction fees. It includes some solid though not spectacular earning rates: 6x points on spending at Marriott and SPG hotels, and 2x points on everything else. It also gets you complimentary Marriott Silver elite status, with the ability to spend your way to Gold status in 2019 with $35,000 charged to the card in an account year. Also, starting in 2019, you’ll get 15 elite credits in the new Marriott program just for being a cardholder.
Before you hit the “apply” button, note that you won’t be able to earn the 100,000-point bonus if you currently hold the Marriott Rewards Premier card or already have a Premier Plus card, or have earned the bonus on either card in the last 24 months. If you’re a current holder of the Marriott Rewards Premier Credit Card, though, you can upgrade to the Premier Plus and may be able to earn an upgrade incentive in the process.
So, July 12 is the date to remember if you’re interested in taking advantage of this elevated sign-up bonus for the new Marriott Premier Plus Card. And if you want to know how you could put those 100,000 points to use, why not peruse the full list of hotel award rates under the new Marriott program?
Featured image of the Courtyard by Marriott Bali Seminyak by Ravi Ghelani / The Points Guy.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards