Targeted: Chase offering Marriott Premier card upgrade, 10 elite night credits
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
After the Marriott/SPG merger came the revamp of Marriott’s co-branded credit cards, which saw the loss of the Marriott Rewards Premier Plus Credit Card and the launch of the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card.
In the past, Chase has tried to lure cardholders to upgrade their cards to its newest rendition, but it looks like it’s making a move once again with the promise of ten elite night credits to targeted cardholders.
The cards are similar overall. Both are issued by Chase, come with favorable earning categories and a free night certificate worth 35k points. Even better, both cards come with fifteen elite night credits each year toward status, despite offering free Silver status as long as you’re a cardholder. Still, many holders of the old card have yet to enact a change for various reasons.
While it may not equal the 100,000 point sign-up bonus available (after you spend $5,000 on purchases in your first 3 months from your account opening) to those eligible to apply for the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless card, sweetening the pot with ten free elite night credits is a smart move by Chase. With this addition, cardholders will only need 25 elite night credits to achieve Platinum status in 2020, which TPG values at up $2,655 (if you’re starting from scratch).
If you currently hold the Marriott Rewards Premier or Premier Plus card, you can check to see if you’re eligible for the upgrade offer here. It may not be as lucrative as the sign-up bonus, but ten elite nights is certainly worth a second look.
Feature photo by Samantha Rosen/The Points Guy.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.