Targeted: Chase offering Marriott Premier card upgrade, 10 elite night credits
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card
After the Marriott/SPG merger came the revamp of Marriott’s co-branded credit cards, which saw the loss of the Marriott Rewards Premier Plus Credit Card and the launch of the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card.
In the past, Chase has tried to lure cardholders to upgrade their cards to its newest rendition, but it looks like it’s making a move once again with the promise of ten elite night credits to targeted cardholders.
The cards are similar overall. Both are issued by Chase, come with favorable earning categories and a free night certificate worth 35k points. Even better, both cards come with fifteen elite night credits each year toward status, despite offering free Silver status as long as you’re a cardholder. Still, many holders of the old card have yet to enact a change for various reasons.
While it may not equal the 100,000 point sign-up bonus available (after you spend $5,000 on purchases in your first 3 months from your account opening) to those eligible to apply for the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless card, sweetening the pot with ten free elite night credits is a smart move by Chase. With this addition, cardholders will only need 25 elite night credits to achieve Platinum status in 2020, which TPG values at up $2,655 (if you’re starting from scratch).
If you currently hold the Marriott Rewards Premier or Premier Plus card, you can check to see if you’re eligible for the upgrade offer here. It may not be as lucrative as the sign-up bonus, but ten elite nights is certainly worth a second look.
Feature photo by Samantha Rosen/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees