This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Back at the beginning of December, American Express shared details of a refresh of the Business Platinum® Card from American Express — including WeWork access and new Dell statement credits along with a higher annual fee.
These changes were schedule to go into effect “in February.” And, unlike the Citi Prestige — which waited until the last day of the month to reopen applications — Amex seemingly launched this new benefit right at midnight on Feb. 1. Along with this launch, we’ve got new details on how the announced “up to $200 in statement credits each year for any Dell technology purchases” will work.
Most notably, this credit is going to work like the $100 Saks Fifth Avenue credit on the personal The Platinum Card® from American Express in that it’s split into two different statement credits. Card members will get one $100 statement credit for purchases made January through June and another $100 statement credit for purchases made July through December.
This bifurcated benefit is a bummer for those that are looking to make one larger purchase each year and get the full $200 credit. But at least the credit isn’t broken into monthly allotments like the $200 Uber credit on the personal Amex Platinum.
Other things to keep in mind:
- The purchase must be made “directly with Dell or at dell.com in the US and US Territories” and shipped to the US for the purchase to qualify for the credit.
- The primary card member must register, but “purchases by both the enrolled Basic Card Member and Employee Card Members on the enrolled Card Account are eligible for statement credits.”
- Statement credit will post within 2-4 weeks
Card members have to register before making a purchase to get this credit. The primary card member needs to log-in using this direct registration link, agree to the terms/conditions and click Enroll.
If your enrollment was successful, you’ll get a confirmation page thanking you for submitting your enrollment. Simultaneously, I received an email confirmation also confirming the enrollment:
And that’s it! One of the interesting aspects of this benefit is the lack of further restrictions. There’s no restrictions on the types of purchase required for the credit. Amex doesn’t require card members to click through a special link, so you can go directly to Dell’s website — or better by clicking through a cashback portal — to make a purchase.
Also, there’s no minimum purchase amount. If you’re looking to maximize your credit while minimizing your purchase, Dell is currently selling a number of monitors for a little over $100:
These lack of restrictions make this Dell statement credit much more useful than card members may have originally assumed. And hopefully this will help dull the pain of the higher $595 annual fee (See Rates & Fees). There are still only scant details available for other major benefit of this revamp — the WeWork membership. So far, we know that enrollment for the benefit begins on February 15, 2019 and lasts until December 31, 2019.
H/T: Doctor Of Credit
For rates and fees of the Amex Business Platinum Card, please click here.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Aside from the 75,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees