Nintendo is opening video game lounges at US airports — and you can get free gear
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
This is bringing a whole new meaning to “Super Mario Party.”
Nintendo, the beloved video game company, will host Nintendo Switch – On The Go pop-up lounges at a handful of airports in the next few weeks. Here, you’ll find a bunch of Nintendo products to enjoy before your flight — and you’ll even be able to get some hands-on time with Nintendo Switch and Nintendo Switch Life systems. The Switch, for those of you who are unaware, is a compact video game console released back in 2017.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
The lounges will also feature plenty of seating and, of course, charging ports. You’ll also be able to play Nintendo Switch games on both handheld mode and TV mode. They’ve rolled out fan favorites, including Super Mario Party, Super Mario Odyssey, The Legend of Zelda-Breath of the Wild and Tetris-99.
You’ll can also order Nintendo Switch and Nintendo Switch Lite systems — complete with a free carrying case — as well as games and merchandise. Better yet, you’ll receive a free Nintendo Switch-branded luggage handle wrap, as well as a $10 off a $75 Nintendo purchase at Target.
“Spending time with Nintendo games at our On The Go lounges will give people the opportunity to begin or end their journeys with a smile,” says Nick Chavez, Nintendo of America’s Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing.
Here’s where to keep an eye out for this one-of-a-kind airport lounge in the next few weeks.
|Dulles International Airport (IAD)
|Concourse B near west entrance/exit, next to Gate B62||Feb. 17–March 29|
|Seattle–Tacoma International Airport (SEA)
|Concourse C, next to Gate C10||Feb. 17–March 29|
|O’Hare International Airport (ORD)
|Terminal 1, Concourse B, between Gates B12 and B14||Feb. 17–March 29|
|Dallas Love Field Airport (DAL)
|West Terminal, near Gates 14 and 16||Feb. 13–March 29|
If you’d rather relax in an airport lounge a little less like a real-life video game, you’ll want to take advantage of a credit card that gets you free access. Or, you could skip the lounge altogether and head straight to the gate.
Let’s just hope you don’t miss your flight.
Featured image courtesy of Nintendo.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees