Nintendo is opening video game lounges at US airports — and you can get free gear
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
This is bringing a whole new meaning to “Super Mario Party.”
Nintendo, the beloved video game company, will host Nintendo Switch – On The Go pop-up lounges at a handful of airports in the next few weeks. Here, you’ll find a bunch of Nintendo products to enjoy before your flight — and you’ll even be able to get some hands-on time with Nintendo Switch and Nintendo Switch Life systems. The Switch, for those of you who are unaware, is a compact video game console released back in 2017.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
The lounges will also feature plenty of seating and, of course, charging ports. You’ll also be able to play Nintendo Switch games on both handheld mode and TV mode. They’ve rolled out fan favorites, including Super Mario Party, Super Mario Odyssey, The Legend of Zelda-Breath of the Wild and Tetris-99.
You’ll can also order Nintendo Switch and Nintendo Switch Lite systems — complete with a free carrying case — as well as games and merchandise. Better yet, you’ll receive a free Nintendo Switch-branded luggage handle wrap, as well as a $10 off a $75 Nintendo purchase at Target.
“Spending time with Nintendo games at our On The Go lounges will give people the opportunity to begin or end their journeys with a smile,” says Nick Chavez, Nintendo of America’s Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing.
Here’s where to keep an eye out for this one-of-a-kind airport lounge in the next few weeks.
|Dulles International Airport (IAD)
|Concourse B near west entrance/exit, next to Gate B62||Feb. 17–March 29|
|Seattle–Tacoma International Airport (SEA)
|Concourse C, next to Gate C10||Feb. 17–March 29|
|O’Hare International Airport (ORD)
|Terminal 1, Concourse B, between Gates B12 and B14||Feb. 17–March 29|
|Dallas Love Field Airport (DAL)
|West Terminal, near Gates 14 and 16||Feb. 13–March 29|
If you’d rather relax in an airport lounge a little less like a real-life video game, you’ll want to take advantage of a credit card that gets you free access. Or, you could skip the lounge altogether and head straight to the gate.
Let’s just hope you don’t miss your flight.
Featured image courtesy of Nintendo.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.