A hotel opening this summer promises to be like ‘sleeping in a cartoon’
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
If your Saturday mornings growing up were spent watching “Adventure Time” or “Powerpuff Girls” — maybe even “Johnny Bravo” — we’re about to make your day.
Next summer, the Cartoon Network will open its first-ever hotel, and it sounds pretty amazing. According to the site, it will be like “sleeping in a cartoon.”
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
As soon as you arrive, the Cartoon Crew will help you check in. You can grab a bite at the Cartoon Kitchen with dishes straight from your favorite shows (yes, even those bacon pancakes from “Adventure Time.”) There’s also a Bearista Café serving up coffee, tea, specialty drinks and snacks, as well as the Land O’Pool concession stand at the outdoor pool and splash zone. On dreary or even wintry, guests can also hang out around the year-round heated indoor pool.
When it’s time to wind down for the day, you can even watch a show on the hotel’s oversized screen in the shape of Finn’s face. (You can probably guess it will be Cartoon Network all the time, but guests can even look forward to screenings of episodes and shows that have never aired before.)
According to Travel + Leisure, the Cartoon Network Hotel — which was expected to open last summer — will occupy the former Continental Inn.
The hotel will boast 165 guest rooms, and you could say they all have, er, character. Every guest room will have a theme inspired by one of six Cartoon Network shows, including “The Amazing World of Gumball,” “Adventure Time,” “Ben 10,” “The Powerpuff Girls,” “Steven Universe” and “We Bare Bears.” You’ll find plenty of sleeping arrangements to accommodate you and your entire family (or, you know, just you if you’re living out some childhood dreams here), including rooms with double beds, queen beds, bunk beds, showers and baths.
If you want to really take your stay to the next level, though, the Dream Suites might be for you. Each one is “immersed in the world of a cartoon.” The Powerpuff Girls suite, for example, is perfect for diehard fans of Blossom, Buttercup and Bubbles. It has a living space, dining area and kitchenette, complete with a king bed and bunk beds (each with its own television) that can sleep eight people. You can also book a custom room package for any type of room, and the Cartoon Crew will add some special touches.
You’ll find the hotel in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, right next to Dutch Wonderland (in fact, guests of the hotel will receive discounts to the award-winning amusement park next door, though it’s unclear how much) and just 45 minutes from Hersheypark.
The hotel is slated to open in June and they’re already accepting reservations. Standard rooms start at $289 per night and the hotel’s Dream Suites start at $489 a night. Because the Cartoon Network Hotel doesn’t belong to any major brand or loyalty program (rats!) be sure to pay for your stay with a credit card that earns you bonus points on travel purchases, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x points) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x points).
You could even pay with a credit card such as the Capital One® Spark Miles® for Business or the Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card and redeem your miles for statement credits to “erase” the cost of your stay.
Featured image courtesy of Cartoon Network Hotel.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees