A hotel opening this summer promises to be like ‘sleeping in a cartoon’
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
If your Saturday mornings growing up were spent watching “Adventure Time” or “Powerpuff Girls” — maybe even “Johnny Bravo” — we’re about to make your day.
Next summer, the Cartoon Network will open its first-ever hotel, and it sounds pretty amazing. According to the site, it will be like “sleeping in a cartoon.”
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
As soon as you arrive, the Cartoon Crew will help you check in. You can grab a bite at the Cartoon Kitchen with dishes straight from your favorite shows (yes, even those bacon pancakes from “Adventure Time.”) There’s also a Bearista Café serving up coffee, tea, specialty drinks and snacks, as well as the Land O’Pool concession stand at the outdoor pool and splash zone. On dreary or even wintry, guests can also hang out around the year-round heated indoor pool.
When it’s time to wind down for the day, you can even watch a show on the hotel’s oversized screen in the shape of Finn’s face. (You can probably guess it will be Cartoon Network all the time, but guests can even look forward to screenings of episodes and shows that have never aired before.)
According to Travel + Leisure, the Cartoon Network Hotel — which was expected to open last summer — will occupy the former Continental Inn.
The hotel will boast 165 guest rooms, and you could say they all have, er, character. Every guest room will have a theme inspired by one of six Cartoon Network shows, including “The Amazing World of Gumball,” “Adventure Time,” “Ben 10,” “The Powerpuff Girls,” “Steven Universe” and “We Bare Bears.” You’ll find plenty of sleeping arrangements to accommodate you and your entire family (or, you know, just you if you’re living out some childhood dreams here), including rooms with double beds, queen beds, bunk beds, showers and baths.
If you want to really take your stay to the next level, though, the Dream Suites might be for you. Each one is “immersed in the world of a cartoon.” The Powerpuff Girls suite, for example, is perfect for diehard fans of Blossom, Buttercup and Bubbles. It has a living space, dining area and kitchenette, complete with a king bed and bunk beds (each with its own television) that can sleep eight people. You can also book a custom room package for any type of room, and the Cartoon Crew will add some special touches.
You’ll find the hotel in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, right next to Dutch Wonderland (in fact, guests of the hotel will receive discounts to the award-winning amusement park next door, though it’s unclear how much) and just 45 minutes from Hersheypark.
The hotel is slated to open in June and they’re already accepting reservations. Standard rooms start at $289 per night and the hotel’s Dream Suites start at $489 a night. Because the Cartoon Network Hotel doesn’t belong to any major brand or loyalty program (rats!) be sure to pay for your stay with a credit card that earns you bonus points on travel purchases, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x points) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x points).
You could even pay with a credit card such as the Capital One® Spark Miles® for Business or the Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card and redeem your miles for statement credits to “erase” the cost of your stay.
Featured image courtesy of Cartoon Network Hotel.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.