New United Club lounge opens in New Orleans International Airport
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
United Airlines recently expressed renewed proactivity to bolster its United Club lounge network. It announced a one-of-a-kind lounge coming to Newark Liberty International Airport by 2021, and brand-new lounges in Washington, D.C., Phoenix and Honolulu on the way.
On February 29, 2020, United yanked the shroud from its first new United Club lounge of 2020. It’s a sizable 6,000-square-foot space that lives beside Gate C7 in the brand-new terminal of the Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport (MSY).
Related: Best United Club lounges
As expected, the 95-seat lounge offers high-speed Wi-Fi and scads of power outlets. You’ll also find region-influenced cuisine such as “muffuletta and pimento cheese sliders, gumbo and rice, Cajun pepper dip and Creole egg salad,” as well as complimentary alcohol such as Abita Amber beer and Southern Comfort, beer, wine and a variety of cocktails, per United.
New lounges like this slowly continue to increase the value of credit cards like the United Business Card. It comes with a sign-up bonus of 75,000 bonus miles after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first three months your account is open. But the card also comes with a number of ongoing benefits, such as two annual United Club one-time passes. More lounges mean more opportunities to use your day passes!
Featured photo courtesy of United Airlines.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees