This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Many frequent flyers would agree that United already offered one of the most powerful airline apps in the biz. Still, the airline decided it was time for a refresh, and as of Thursday morning, the new version is now live.
Thankfully, United didn’t take anything away with this update — the design has changed significantly on several of the more popular pages, but all of the previous functionality remains.
Features like flight progress cards, a redesigned trips page and milestone recognition join recent additions like Expert Mode and easy access to streaming entertainment on Wi-Fi-equipped planes.
As of this morning, you should be able to pull up the new design yourself. Just make sure you update your app to version 3.0.0 — now available for Android and iOS — log out and then back in, and you should be good to go!
Featured image by Zach Honig/TPG
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 points! With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 60,000 point sign up bonus worth up to $1,200 in value, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards