United Flyers Can Now Access New Android and iOS App
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Many frequent flyers would agree that United already offered one of the most powerful airline apps in the biz. Still, the airline decided it was time for a refresh, and as of Thursday morning, the new version is now live.
Thankfully, United didn’t take anything away with this update — the design has changed significantly on several of the more popular pages, but all of the previous functionality remains.
Features like flight progress cards, a redesigned trips page and milestone recognition join recent additions like Expert Mode and easy access to streaming entertainment on Wi-Fi-equipped planes.
As of this morning, you should be able to pull up the new design yourself. Just make sure you update your app to version 3.0.0 — now available for Android and iOS — log out and then back in, and you should be good to go!
Featured image by Zach Honig/TPG
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.