This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you aren’t already a member of the newly unified Marriott loyalty program — or didn’t have an SPG or Ritz-Carlton loyalty account that was converted to a Marriott Rewards account — this may be a promotion worth looking at. The chain is currently offering new members a chance to earn a free night after making two paid stays between Labor Day and January 28, 2019.
Stays at practically all of the 6,700 Marriott properties (including SPG and Ritz-Carlton hotels) count toward this promotion, and the resulting free night is valid at properties costing up to 25,000 points per night. That equals a category 4 hotel in standard season, which is the only portion of the new Marriott award chart that’s being implemented for the rest of 2018 (peak and off-peak dates will launch in 2019).
The free night will be credited into your new Marriott Rewards account after you complete your second stay and will remain valid for one year from the date it’s issued. The terms and conditions note that a stay is “defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/checkout activity,” so you’ll need two actual separate stays to earn your free night, though you’ll have five full months to do it.
You must register for this free night promotion through this link — again, this is only for new members who do not have any accounts set up with the new Marriott program. If you have a friend or family member who has yet to join Marriott’s massive program, this could be a great way to introduce them to the points world.
If you’re already a member of the Marriott program, or if you’re just joining and want to earn some extra points to get started, for a limited-time the newly launched Starwood Preferred Guest® American Express Luxury Card is offering 75,000 bonus points after you spend $3,000 within the first three months.
H/T: One Mile at a Time
Featured image by Feature China / Barcroft Images / Barcroft Media via Getty Images.
This card has a $450 annual fee, but that's offset by up to $300 in statement credits that you can earn each year for Marriott and SPG purchases. You'll earn 6x points at Marriott and SPG properties, 3x points at US restaurants and on flights purchased directly from the airline and 2x points on everything else.
- Earn 75,000 bonus points after you use the Card to make $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.
- Earn 6 points on eligible purchases at participating SPG® and Marriott Rewards® hotels, 3 points at U.S. restaurants and on flights booked directly with airlines, and 2 points on all other eligible purchases.
- Enjoy up to $300 in statement credits each year of Card Membership for eligible purchases at participating SPG® or Marriott Rewards® hotels.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on International purchases.
- Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Award can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 50,000 points) at a participating hotel. Select hotels have resort fees.
- Enjoy complimentary, unlimited Boingo Wi-Fi on up to four devices at more than 1,000,000 Boingo hotspots worldwide. Enrollment required.
- $450 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees