New Minute Suites Location Coming to New York JFK in 2020
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Wary travelers passing through a busy airport terminal may be happy to pay for a private room to nap, relax or work. Enter Minute Suites, a chain of airport locations offering private suites for travelers to rent. Soon, passengers at JFK will have a new location to relax.
On Wednesday morning, Minute Suites announced a new location coming to New York Kennedy’s Terminal 4. The new location will be in the B Concourse, home to a number of Delta and international-airline flights.
When the location opens in 2020, travelers will be able to book one of the seven suites or the private shower room. Each room will be stocked with the standard Minute Suites amenities: a leather napping couch, work desk and television.
Currently, there are six Minute Suites locations open in four different airports:
- Atlanta (ATL): Concourse T and Concourse B
- Charlotte (CLT): atrium
- Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW): Terminal A and Terminal D
- Philadelphia (PHL): AB Connector
The typical cost for Minute Suites is $42 for the first hour, plus $10.50 per 15 minutes up to $84 for two hours. After two hours, you’ll pay an additional $8 per 15 minutes until you max out at $155 for up to 8 hours.
However, all six existing locations are all part of Priority Pass program. Priority Pass members can get use their membership for a free hour stay and then pay a discounted rate of $28 per hour after the first hour.
Although American Express has recently removed airport restaurant lounges from its Priority Pass benefit, Amex has confirmed that access will still include all airport lounges and “select sleeper suites” such as Minute Suites. That means that you’ll still be able to use your The Platinum Card® from American Express (complimentary with up to two guests), Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card or your Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card (10 passes per year) to get an hour of free access.
Watch Brian Kelly — The Points Guy himself — check out the Philadelphia Minute Suites location:
Featured image of ATL Minute Suites location by JT Genter/TPG
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.