This Maldives resort is offering long-term stays from $215 a night
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Sometimes, a particular resort announcement hits our inboxes and makes nearly everyone at TPG take notice.
That’s the case with the “Stowaway Package” now offered by The Standard, Huruvalhi Maldives. Right now, you can book a 14-night stay starting at $3,600 or a 28-night stay from $6,000. Sure, it’s a hefty price tag, but the rate includes daily breakfast, a 20% discount off food at the resort’s dining venues and works out to be a cool $250 or $215 per night, depending on the length of stay.
The price is compelling — along with the fact that the Maldives is one of the few foreign countries open to Americans. All you have to do is pack a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 96 hours of departure and complete a Traveler Health Declaration within 24 hours prior to travel.
Get the latest points, miles and travel news by signing up for TPG’s free daily newsletter.
If the four walls of your apartment or home have you feeling claustrophobic, why not work remotely from one of the most gorgeous island destinations on Earth? Or, just enjoy an extended vacation.
You can spend the days in your overwater or beach bungalow — both of which come with private plunge pools. Or, take boat trips to uninhabited islands and reefs, book a spa treatment, go fishing (day or nighttime tours are available), dive or snorkel. The resort’s “turtle expedition” and “starlight snorkel” are especially popular pastimes.
The Standard is a hip alternative to some of the competing resorts in the area. This is the brand’s first property in Asia but you might already be familiar with its outposts in New York City: The Standard, High Line and The Standard, East Village. There’s also a hotel in London as well as the Standard Spa in Miami Beach.
The resort also purports to serve “traditional celebratory Maldivian cuisine … by chefs trained by Maldivian ‘aunties.'” Look forward to dishes that include seafood, coconut curries and regional vegetables and fruit.
Book the package by April 30, 2021, for stays through Dec. 22, 2021. And, if you have to cancel, do so at least three days before arrival to avoid a cancellation penalty.
Featured image courtesy of The Standard, Huruvalhi Maldives
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees