You Can Now Drop Your Luggage and Check in for Your Flight at Dubai Mall
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In the land of opulence, it’s only fitting that some passengers traveling through Dubai International Airport are now able to check in their luggage before strolling through one of the largest shopping centers in the galaxy. Thanks to Dubz, a new service by Dnata, the operator of the DXB airport, those traveling on select airlines can bring their luggage to The Dubai Mall, drop it off and enjoy what’s left of their last day in Dubai.
Dubz is a baggage technology and logistics company, and its new check-in station is at the planet’s second-largest mall by total land area. The station is located in the Dnata Travel store on the lower ground level of the mall, where the Dubz team checks in customers for their flights, prints their boarding passes, weighs and secures their baggage, and ensures the bags are delivered to the airport and loaded onto the aircraft.
After spending time in the mall you can take the Dubai metro from there to the airport. The baggage service allows passengers to arrive just an hour prior to departure and head straight to passport control.
Unfortunately, the service is currently supported only by flydubai, Saudia, flynas, China Southern, Kuwait Airways, Gulf Air, SaudiGulf, Royal Jordanian and Ethiopian Airlines. Notably absent is Emirates, the biggest airline by far at DXB, though the airline technically one-ups this service by offering a check-in service where your bags are collected from your home or lodging.
Like most of the shops in the Dubai Mall, the Dubz check-in station is open seven days a week, from 10am to 10pm. The service is available from AED 99 ($27), which covers check-in for one passenger with one piece of luggage. Additional pieces of luggage can be added for a fee of AED 40 ($11) each. The service price is capped at AED 249 ($68), covering up to 10 bags.
Granted, Dubai International Airport is one of the most impressive gateways in the world, so don’t feel bad about passing on the mall offer and heading to the airport early. Plus, if you hold a credit card that includes Priority Pass access, you’ll be able to choose from plenty of lounges where you can relax.
Featured image courtesy of Dnata.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees