You Can Now Drop Your Luggage and Check in for Your Flight at Dubai Mall
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In the land of opulence, it’s only fitting that some passengers traveling through Dubai International Airport are now able to check in their luggage before strolling through one of the largest shopping centers in the galaxy. Thanks to Dubz, a new service by Dnata, the operator of the DXB airport, those traveling on select airlines can bring their luggage to The Dubai Mall, drop it off and enjoy what’s left of their last day in Dubai.
Dubz is a baggage technology and logistics company, and its new check-in station is at the planet’s second-largest mall by total land area. The station is located in the Dnata Travel store on the lower ground level of the mall, where the Dubz team checks in customers for their flights, prints their boarding passes, weighs and secures their baggage, and ensures the bags are delivered to the airport and loaded onto the aircraft.
After spending time in the mall you can take the Dubai metro from there to the airport. The baggage service allows passengers to arrive just an hour prior to departure and head straight to passport control.
Unfortunately, the service is currently supported only by flydubai, Saudia, flynas, China Southern, Kuwait Airways, Gulf Air, SaudiGulf, Royal Jordanian and Ethiopian Airlines. Notably absent is Emirates, the biggest airline by far at DXB, though the airline technically one-ups this service by offering a check-in service where your bags are collected from your home or lodging.
Like most of the shops in the Dubai Mall, the Dubz check-in station is open seven days a week, from 10am to 10pm. The service is available from AED 99 ($27), which covers check-in for one passenger with one piece of luggage. Additional pieces of luggage can be added for a fee of AED 40 ($11) each. The service price is capped at AED 249 ($68), covering up to 10 bags.
Granted, Dubai International Airport is one of the most impressive gateways in the world, so don’t feel bad about passing on the mall offer and heading to the airport early. Plus, if you hold a credit card that includes Priority Pass access, you’ll be able to choose from plenty of lounges where you can relax.
Featured image courtesy of Dnata.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.