LOT Polish Airlines adds new route from New York JFK, expands Chicago service
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
LOT Polish Airlines will add new nonstop service between New York JFK and the Polish city of Krakow.
The route, which begins May 3, will operate only once per week, and LOT will be the only carrier to fly nonstop between the cities. The service will operate on Sundays and will be flown on LOT’s 252-seat Boeing 787-8 Dreamliners. LOT’s 787-8s include 18 business-class seats in a 2-2-2 layout and 21 premium economy seats in a 2-3-2 configuration. The remaining 213 economy seats are in a 3-3-3 layout.
Krakow (KRK) will become LOT’s third nonstop destination from JFK, joining the Polish capital of Warsaw (WAW) and the Hungarian capital of Budapest (BUD).
From Krakow, JFK will be the second U.S. destination served nonstop by LOT.
The Star Alliance carrier already flies nonstop from Krakow to Chicago O’Hare (ORD), a route that will get a boost in service this summer as LOT ups its schedule to five weekly flights — up from the current three. The enhanced schedule appears to begin during the first week of June, according to LOT’s website.
News of LOT’s expanded Krakow-Chicago schedule comes only about a month after American Airlines revealed its own nonstop service on the route. American, a oneworld alliance member, will fly the route seasonally, offering five flights a week from May 7 to Oct. 23 on 787-8 aircraft.
Tickets for LOT’s new JFK-LKR route and for its expanded KRK-ORD schedule are now on sale.
Featured image by Piotr Malecki/Bloomberg via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees