You can book the ’90s-inspired Lisa Frank rainbow room of your childhood dreams
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Headed to Los Angeles in the coming weeks and have an affinity for all things rainbow-colored in the extreme? We’ve got the perfect spot for you.
A collaboration between Hotels.com and the Lisa Frank brand — yes, that Lisa Frank from the 1990s with the colorful Trapper Keepers — the Lisa Frank Flat aims to make you feel like you’ve been “transported directly into a scene from one of [her] iconic notebooks from your childhood,” according to Hotels.com. And from the looks of it, they’ve accomplished just that.
If you’re wondering what you’re getting yourself into by staying in a Lisa Frank Flat, you most definitely shouldn’t expect a Zen experience. The room features neon unicorn lights, animal prints, dolphins, a light-up canopy bed and a giant window display that looks like an actual rainbow. There’s even a free minibar offering your favorite treats from the ’90s— Gushers, Pixi Stix, Cheese Ballz and more.
The custom penthouse is located in one of the rental company Barsala’s Los Angeles properties and comes with a kitchen, bathroom, living and bedroom area. Nightly rates start at pretty reasonable $199 and will be bookable for a limited time from October 11 through October 27.
If you do decide to plan a trip, act quickly once the booking is live on the 11th; it’s sure to book up quickly. Plus, don’t forget to use the right credit card to earn rewards on your stay.
Let us know if you snag a room at this colorful flashback to the 1990s.
All photos courtesy of Hotels.com
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.