You can book the ’90s-inspired Lisa Frank rainbow room of your childhood dreams
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Headed to Los Angeles in the coming weeks and have an affinity for all things rainbow-colored in the extreme? We’ve got the perfect spot for you.
A collaboration between Hotels.com and the Lisa Frank brand — yes, that Lisa Frank from the 1990s with the colorful Trapper Keepers — the Lisa Frank Flat aims to make you feel like you’ve been “transported directly into a scene from one of [her] iconic notebooks from your childhood,” according to Hotels.com. And from the looks of it, they’ve accomplished just that.
If you’re wondering what you’re getting yourself into by staying in a Lisa Frank Flat, you most definitely shouldn’t expect a Zen experience. The room features neon unicorn lights, animal prints, dolphins, a light-up canopy bed and a giant window display that looks like an actual rainbow. There’s even a free minibar offering your favorite treats from the ’90s— Gushers, Pixi Stix, Cheese Ballz and more.
The custom penthouse is located in one of the rental company Barsala’s Los Angeles properties and comes with a kitchen, bathroom, living and bedroom area. Nightly rates start at pretty reasonable $199 and will be bookable for a limited time from October 11 through October 27.
If you do decide to plan a trip, act quickly once the booking is live on the 11th; it’s sure to book up quickly. Plus, don’t forget to use the right credit card to earn rewards on your stay.
Let us know if you snag a room at this colorful flashback to the 1990s.
All photos courtesy of Hotels.com
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees