You can book the ’90s-inspired Lisa Frank rainbow room of your childhood dreams
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Headed to Los Angeles in the coming weeks and have an affinity for all things rainbow-colored in the extreme? We’ve got the perfect spot for you.
A collaboration between Hotels.com and the Lisa Frank brand — yes, that Lisa Frank from the 1990s with the colorful Trapper Keepers — the Lisa Frank Flat aims to make you feel like you’ve been “transported directly into a scene from one of [her] iconic notebooks from your childhood,” according to Hotels.com. And from the looks of it, they’ve accomplished just that.
If you’re wondering what you’re getting yourself into by staying in a Lisa Frank Flat, you most definitely shouldn’t expect a Zen experience. The room features neon unicorn lights, animal prints, dolphins, a light-up canopy bed and a giant window display that looks like an actual rainbow. There’s even a free minibar offering your favorite treats from the ’90s— Gushers, Pixi Stix, Cheese Ballz and more.
The custom penthouse is located in one of the rental company Barsala’s Los Angeles properties and comes with a kitchen, bathroom, living and bedroom area. Nightly rates start at pretty reasonable $199 and will be bookable for a limited time from October 11 through October 27.
If you do decide to plan a trip, act quickly once the booking is live on the 11th; it’s sure to book up quickly. Plus, don’t forget to use the right credit card to earn rewards on your stay.
Let us know if you snag a room at this colorful flashback to the 1990s.
All photos courtesy of Hotels.com
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No delivery fees for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with a DashPass subscription from DoorDash -over a $100 value. Activate with your Chase Sapphire card by December 31, 2021.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.