Reminder: Only a Few Days Left to Transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards to Korean Air
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you missed the shot heard ‘round the Chase Ultimate Rewards universe earlier this month, here’s a reminder: Korean Air SkyPass, a member of the SkyTeam alliance, will cease being an Ultimate Rewards transfer partner as of August 25, 2018.
That means that you have but a few days left to make transfers. If you’re wondering if you should, and what sweet spots there are while time remains, we’ve got you covered. We’ve created guides to show you the ropes before the cutoff occurs, with everything you need to know about the program listed below.
- Korean SkyPass Sweet Spots to Book With Ultimate Rewards Before August 25
- How To Book Award Flights with Korean Air SkyPass
- 5 Things to Know About Korean Air SkyPass
- The Best Websites for Searching SkyTeam Award Availability
The Korean Air SkyPass program can be tricky to utilize thanks to its unusual rules restricting redemptions to the account holder and family members only. But it’s still a good way to book SkyTeam awards, especially since the program added the ability to book partner awards online late in 2016. Bookings on Korean Air metal could also be useful — TPG himself reviewed Korean Air’s first class on its A380 and wrote that it “represents an amazing value for Ultimate Rewards members,” which demonstrates how this loss hurts Ultimate Rewards.
Once transfers cease, we’ll be reevaluating the value we place on Ultimate Rewards points, which currently sits at 2.1 cents apiece.
Do you have any plans for making use of Korean Air as a UR transfer partner during the eleventh hour? Let us know in comments below, and chime in via the TPG Lounge on Facebook!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees