This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you missed the shot heard ‘round the Chase Ultimate Rewards universe earlier this month, here’s a reminder: Korean Air SkyPass, a member of the SkyTeam alliance, will cease being an Ultimate Rewards transfer partner as of August 25, 2018.
That means that you have but a few days left to make transfers. If you’re wondering if you should, and what sweet spots there are while time remains, we’ve got you covered. We’ve created guides to show you the ropes before the cutoff occurs, with everything you need to know about the program listed below.
- Korean SkyPass Sweet Spots to Book With Ultimate Rewards Before August 25
- How To Book Award Flights with Korean Air SkyPass
- 5 Things to Know About Korean Air SkyPass
- The Best Websites for Searching SkyTeam Award Availability
The Korean Air SkyPass program can be tricky to utilize thanks to its unusual rules restricting redemptions to the account holder and family members only. But it’s still a good way to book SkyTeam awards, especially since the program added the ability to book partner awards online late in 2016. Bookings on Korean Air metal could also be useful — TPG himself reviewed Korean Air’s first class on its A380 and wrote that it “represents an amazing value for Ultimate Rewards members,” which demonstrates how this loss hurts Ultimate Rewards.
Once transfers cease, we’ll be reevaluating the value we place on Ultimate Rewards points, which currently sits at 2.1 cents apiece.
Do you have any plans for making use of Korean Air as a UR transfer partner during the eleventh hour? Let us know in comments below, and chime in via the TPG Lounge on Facebook!
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees