Reminder: Only a Few Days Left to Transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards to Korean Air
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you missed the shot heard ‘round the Chase Ultimate Rewards universe earlier this month, here’s a reminder: Korean Air SkyPass, a member of the SkyTeam alliance, will cease being an Ultimate Rewards transfer partner as of August 25, 2018.
That means that you have but a few days left to make transfers. If you’re wondering if you should, and what sweet spots there are while time remains, we’ve got you covered. We’ve created guides to show you the ropes before the cutoff occurs, with everything you need to know about the program listed below.
- Korean SkyPass Sweet Spots to Book With Ultimate Rewards Before August 25
- How To Book Award Flights with Korean Air SkyPass
- 5 Things to Know About Korean Air SkyPass
- The Best Websites for Searching SkyTeam Award Availability
The Korean Air SkyPass program can be tricky to utilize thanks to its unusual rules restricting redemptions to the account holder and family members only. But it’s still a good way to book SkyTeam awards, especially since the program added the ability to book partner awards online late in 2016. Bookings on Korean Air metal could also be useful — TPG himself reviewed Korean Air’s first class on its A380 and wrote that it “represents an amazing value for Ultimate Rewards members,” which demonstrates how this loss hurts Ultimate Rewards.
Once transfers cease, we’ll be reevaluating the value we place on Ultimate Rewards points, which currently sits at 2.1 cents apiece.
Do you have any plans for making use of Korean Air as a UR transfer partner during the eleventh hour? Let us know in comments below, and chime in via the TPG Lounge on Facebook!
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees