Reminder: Only a Few Days Left to Transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards to Korean Air
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you missed the shot heard ‘round the Chase Ultimate Rewards universe earlier this month, here’s a reminder: Korean Air SkyPass, a member of the SkyTeam alliance, will cease being an Ultimate Rewards transfer partner as of August 25, 2018.
That means that you have but a few days left to make transfers. If you’re wondering if you should, and what sweet spots there are while time remains, we’ve got you covered. We’ve created guides to show you the ropes before the cutoff occurs, with everything you need to know about the program listed below.
- Korean SkyPass Sweet Spots to Book With Ultimate Rewards Before August 25
- How To Book Award Flights with Korean Air SkyPass
- 5 Things to Know About Korean Air SkyPass
- The Best Websites for Searching SkyTeam Award Availability
The Korean Air SkyPass program can be tricky to utilize thanks to its unusual rules restricting redemptions to the account holder and family members only. But it’s still a good way to book SkyTeam awards, especially since the program added the ability to book partner awards online late in 2016. Bookings on Korean Air metal could also be useful — TPG himself reviewed Korean Air’s first class on its A380 and wrote that it “represents an amazing value for Ultimate Rewards members,” which demonstrates how this loss hurts Ultimate Rewards.
Once transfers cease, we’ll be reevaluating the value we place on Ultimate Rewards points, which currently sits at 2.1 cents apiece.
Do you have any plans for making use of Korean Air as a UR transfer partner during the eleventh hour? Let us know in comments below, and chime in via the TPG Lounge on Facebook!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: Up to 100,000 bonus miles
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,040
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X miles on United® purchases
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80K bonus miles after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open. Plus, an additional 20K bonus miles after you spend $10,000 in the first 6 months
- $250 Annual Fee
- Earn 3X miles on United® purchases, 2X miles at restaurants, on select streaming services & all other travel, 1X on all other purchases
- Earn 3X miles on United Airlines purchases
- Earn 2X miles at restaurants and on select streaming services
- Earn 2X miles on all other travel
- Earn 1X mile on all other purchases
- Each year, receive a $125 credit on United® purchases and two 5k-mile anniversary award flight credits. Terms apply.