Your Kids Can Sail for Free With This New Cruise Deal From Celebrity
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Thinking about trying a family cruise this year? You may want to pounce on the latest offer from Celebrity Cruises. Right now, they’re offering free passage for up to three children who share a cabin with their parents.
The so-called Kids Sail Free promotion is available for select departures between April 1 and Dec. 31, when booked by April 3.
In addition to free passage for children ages 17 and younger, the line is throwing in up to $400 in instant savings per cabin. If you book by Wednesday, March 13, you’ll also get an additional $200 per cabin in Book Now Bonus onboard credits. That can be put toward shore excursions, dining at specialty restaurants, or adult beverages and spa treatments for Mom and Dad.
Snagging one of the deals can add up to hundreds of dollars of savings for a family, if not more. As regular cruisers know, cruise lines typically price on a per-berth (not per room) basis. So even if you pack your kids into your room on pull-out bunks instead of getting them their own room, you normally still pay extra for them.
Just how good are the savings with this deal? At The Points Guy, we ran the numbers on a bunch of scenarios and found many cases where the total markdown came to well over $1,000. For a nine-night Pacific Coast voyage out of San Diego on April 8, for instance, the elimination of the cost for a third and fourth berth in an inside cabin would save a family of four nearly $1,400. For a family of four choosing a balcony cabin on a seven-night Caribbean sailing out of Miami departing April 6, the savings would be just shy of $2,200. And those numbers don’t include the instant savings and bonus credits.
Of course, there are caveats. Certain itineraries (Galápagos and transatlantic sailings, for example) are excluded. And children can’t be any older than 17 to qualify for the free fare. But families with older kids aren’t being left completely out of the deal, as the line is offering a 50% markdown on the cost of third, fourth and fifth berths in cabins if they are occupied by someone 18 or older. That means you can bring your eldest children — or even some friends (assuming you’re OK sharing a cabin with friends) — for half the normal cost.
The free-fare offer for children up to 17 is available for a wide range of room categories from windowless “inside” cabins to suites. The 50%-off part of the deal is only available for ocean-view staterooms or higher-level categories of cabins (no inside cabins) for most departures.
The deal is available across much of Celebrity’s fleet, including the newly unveiled Celebrity Edge.
Kids-go-free offers are rare at Celebrity, which isn’t as big with families as such lines as Royal Caribbean and Carnival. A Celebrity representative told The Points Guy it has been at least a decade since the line has offered a deal like this.
Before you make the booking, you’ll want to make sure you have one of the best credit cards for cruises out and ready. For cruisers, the Chase Sapphire Reserve and the Citi Premier® Card really shine.
Feature photo by Melanie Lieberman / The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees