JetBlue gives its inflight entertainment a boost
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
JetBlue, which built its brand partly on having seatback screens at every seat (and, of course, blue chips) is rolling out some updates to its inflight entertainment.
The airline has partnered with a number of new brands to expand the content available to passengers.
In a statement, JetBlue said it would have full seasons of Showtime series for travelers to binge during flights (think: “Shameless” and “Billions”) and the airline is working with Spotify to bring podcasts from Gimlet and other studios right to your ears through the onboard headphone jacks. Travelers will also discover 20 meditation sessions available through the seatback screen thanks to a deal with Inscape, and print news will now be accessible on the monitor from PressReader.
All of the new programming will join the airline’s existing library of inflight entertainment.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
“We are once again redefining inflight entertainment by listening closely to our customers’ feedback and offering even more options to make the most of their time onboard,” said Mariya Stoyanova, JetBlue’s director of product development. “Whether you want to binge-watch, binge-listen, connect, disconnect or just discover something new — you can do it from our new HD seatback screens, your own devices or more likely, all of the above.”
While many airlines are doing away with their seatback screens, JetBlue is doubling down on making them a key part of their onboard product — one of the reasons we think it’s one of the best economy products you can book for a domestic flight. The new entertainment options will be available on all of the airline’s Airbus A320s, A321s and A321neos.
Related: The best airline credit cards
JetBlue has been upgrading to HD screens across its Airbus A320 fleet and already offers more than 100 channels of live DirecTV and Sirius Satellite Radio on all its flights, as well as prerecorded shows and movies on some flights.
Featured photo by Katie Genter/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees