JetBlue Unveils Special Livery Dedicated to Puerto Rico
It’s no surprise that JetBlue, the largest carrier at San Juan’s Airport (SJU) serving more than a dozen destinations, feels strongly about Puerto Rico. When Hurricane Maria devastated the island just one year ago, the airline set up a care center — essentially a makeshift Costco to distribute essentials to those needing it most.
Now, JetBlue, an airline known for its special liveries, is dedicating a livery to Puerto Rico.
On Sunday, the airline unveiled that special livery, dedicated to “La Isla del Encanto,” in San Juan. The A320 aircraft — registration N779JB — is named “Bluericua.”
The livery features several elements special to Puerto Rico. First, the shade of blue is the brightest JetBlue’s used in its fleet. You’ll also see a backdrop of the Puerto Rican skyline near El Morro, where seven kites are being flown, which represent the seven symbols of the island’s culture.
Bluericua ferried to SJU on Saturday, and its first revenue flight will depart on Sunday afternoon. But don’t expect to see the aircraft flying only on routes to the island. Instead, JetBlue says that it’ll fly throughout its network to showcase that Puerto Rico is open for tourism.
As the TPG team found out earlier this year, even after the devastation caused by Hurricane Maria, Puerto Rico is very much open for business and ready for visitors to head to the island. Check out this post for eight reasons to visit Puerto Rico right now.
All images courtesy of JetBlue.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees