JetBlue Unveils Special Livery Dedicated to Puerto Rico
It’s no surprise that JetBlue, the largest carrier at San Juan’s Airport (SJU) serving more than a dozen destinations, feels strongly about Puerto Rico. When Hurricane Maria devastated the island just one year ago, the airline set up a care center — essentially a makeshift Costco to distribute essentials to those needing it most.
Now, JetBlue, an airline known for its special liveries, is dedicating a livery to Puerto Rico.
On Sunday, the airline unveiled that special livery, dedicated to “La Isla del Encanto,” in San Juan. The A320 aircraft — registration N779JB — is named “Bluericua.”
The livery features several elements special to Puerto Rico. First, the shade of blue is the brightest JetBlue’s used in its fleet. You’ll also see a backdrop of the Puerto Rican skyline near El Morro, where seven kites are being flown, which represent the seven symbols of the island’s culture.
Bluericua ferried to SJU on Saturday, and its first revenue flight will depart on Sunday afternoon. But don’t expect to see the aircraft flying only on routes to the island. Instead, JetBlue says that it’ll fly throughout its network to showcase that Puerto Rico is open for tourism.
As the TPG team found out earlier this year, even after the devastation caused by Hurricane Maria, Puerto Rico is very much open for business and ready for visitors to head to the island. Check out this post for eight reasons to visit Puerto Rico right now.
All images courtesy of JetBlue.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.