JetBlue Airways Eyes September Debut of Airbus A321neo
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
JetBlue Airways could debut its first Airbus A321neo on flights from New York (JFK) as early as September, ahead of using the aircraft to launch new service to Ecuador in December.
The New York-based carrier has loaded the A321neo on flights between JFK and Fort Lauderdale (FLL) on Sept. 24. The introduction was first reported by Paxex.aero.
The aircraft are scheduled to operate JetBlue flight 1701 departing JFK for Fort Lauderdale at 7:15am, and flight 1202 departing Fort Lauderdale for JFK at 11:20am, the airline’s website shows.
“We’re excited to have taken delivery of the first of 85 Airbus A321neo aircraft we have on order,” said JetBlue spokesman Philip Stewart. “Our first A321neo is scheduled to go into service after it goes through customary certifications.”
He declined to confirm the Sept. 24 date for the A321neo entry into service but reiterated that the aircraft will launch new service to Guayaquil (GYE) in Ecuador from JFK on Dec. 5.
The introduction of new jets is often a fraught process. Certification, employee training and other factors determine impact when an aircraft can debut, making initial schedules tentative at best.
Delta Air Lines initially announced plans to introduce its new Airbus A330neo on July 1, but then pushed the date back to July 15. Then, saying the aircraft was ready for revenue service earlier than previously planned, debuted it on July 10.
JetBlue will configure its core A231neos with 200 Even More Space and economy seats, the same number as on its existing A321s.
This is different from the carrier’s fleet of A321s equipped with its Mint premium product. These aircraft have 159 seats, including 16 Mint seats.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured image by FG/Bauer-Griffin/GC Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.