It’s Getting Even Harder to Smoke on Carnival Cruise Ships
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’ve been thinking about hopping aboard a Carnival Cruise but have yet to get a handle on that smoking habit, you might want to reconsider your booking. The family-oriented cruise line has just announced its new Tobacco and Marijuana Smoking Policy, and it involves a $500 fine and the possibility of getting kicked off the ship.
“Carnival Cruise Line is dedicated to the safety of all guests and crew. We want all our guests to have a safe, fun and memorable vacation,” states the official Carnival website. “Smoking is a fire and safety hazard on a ship. Consequently, it is strictly limited to specific exterior deck areas and designated casino/nightclub spaces that can be monitored.”
Designated areas were selected to meet certain criteria: out in the open and easy for crew members to monitor. One of the most notable changes in the smoking policy bars passengers from smoking in or outside of their stateroom and balconies. This is not only a safety measure, but because these rooms have to be cleaned. The policy also makes sure to clarify that smoking methods aside from cigarettes are also banned from the majority of the ship. So no cigars, pipes, vaporizers, electronic cigarettes and marijuana are permitted in the ship’s the “non-smoking zones.” Possession of marijuana is forbidden aboard as well.
Carnival Cruise Line was just recently named the No. 4 best cruise line in the world, praised especially for it’s “budget-friendly fun” and low-cost, onboard offerings for families. To learn more about Carnival’s new Tobacco and Marijuana Smoking Policy, check out its official website.
Featured image by Rattankun Thongbun via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees