These Are the Best Cruise Lines for 2019
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
When devising its official ranking system, US News took a look at cruise ship quality, reputation, health assessments, price, itinerary and other offerings among 169 ships at the top 17 cruise lines. US News also made variations on this list, including rankings for the best cruise lines for families, the best luxury cruises, the best cruise lines for couples and more.
Topping the list of the best cruise lines for the money is Celebrity Cruises. US News praises Celebrity’s “floating-city experience of larger ships (think: kids clubs and endless buffets) while maintaining the service standard and intimacy of smaller lines.” Celebrity also held the No. 1 spot in last year’s JD Power Study for best new cruises with “Celebrity Edge,” which sails around the Caribbean.
Followed by Celebrity is Royal Caribbean, which currently holds the title for sailing the largest ship in the world.
Here is the rest of the ranking for US News’ best cruises for the money:
- Celebrity Cruises
- Royal Caribbean International
- Norwegian Cruise Line
- Carnival Cruises
- Princess Cruises
- Holland America Line
- MSC Cruises
- Costa Cruises
For more of those “best of” lists, check out the landing page for all US News cruise rankings.
Featured image via Shutterstock.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.