These Are the Best Cruise Lines for 2019
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
When devising its official ranking system, US News took a look at cruise ship quality, reputation, health assessments, price, itinerary and other offerings among 169 ships at the top 17 cruise lines. US News also made variations on this list, including rankings for the best cruise lines for families, the best luxury cruises, the best cruise lines for couples and more.
Topping the list of the best cruise lines for the money is Celebrity Cruises. US News praises Celebrity’s “floating-city experience of larger ships (think: kids clubs and endless buffets) while maintaining the service standard and intimacy of smaller lines.” Celebrity also held the No. 1 spot in last year’s JD Power Study for best new cruises with “Celebrity Edge,” which sails around the Caribbean.
Followed by Celebrity is Royal Caribbean, which currently holds the title for sailing the largest ship in the world.
Here is the rest of the ranking for US News’ best cruises for the money:
- Celebrity Cruises
- Royal Caribbean International
- Norwegian Cruise Line
- Carnival Cruises
- Princess Cruises
- Holland America Line
- MSC Cruises
- Costa Cruises
For more of those “best of” lists, check out the landing page for all US News cruise rankings.
Featured image via Shutterstock.
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee