SkyTeam has a new lounge at Istanbul Airport
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
SkyTeam continues to improve the international travel experience for its passengers with the opening of its seventh branded lounge, this time in Istanbul Airport (IST). You’ll find SkyTeam’s other lounges in Beijing, Dubai, Hong Kong, London, Sydney and Vancouver.
Who has access to the lounge? All first and business class passengers traveling on, or connecting to/from a same-day international flight operated by a SkyTeam member airline, have access to the lounge. Access is only valid upon departure and transfer. You can’t use the lounge as an arriving passenger. For connecting passengers, all flights need to be operated by a SkyTeam member airline and all segments must be booked into first or business.
You also can enter the lounge if you’re a SkyTeam Elite Plus member, traveling on or connecting to/from a same-day international flight operated by a SkyTeam member airline. Arrival entry is not allowed. SkyTeam Elite Plus members can bring a guest, also traveling on a SkyTeam member airline-operated flight, into the lounge.
Passengers can use the lounge within 24 hours of their scheduled departure times.
Where is the lounge? The new SkyTeam lounge is in the West Wing of the airport on Level H. Elevated above passenger areas, the lounge is meant to be an oasis from the crowds.
When is it open? The lounge is open 24 hours a day.
Amenities: SkyTeam’s new lounge has just about everything passengers look for in a good international lounge, including plenty of space. The lounge is 582 square meters with seating for 145 guests. You’ll also find shower rooms and access to free Wi-Fi and recharging stations for all your electronic devices.
Food and drink: Turkish cuisine and European-style dishes are served throughout the day and there’s even an on-demand living cooking station. Snacks, soft drinks, spirits and wine — sourced from Turkish vineyards — are also on offer.
Can Priority Pass members access this lounge? Not at this time. But, we’ll need to watch and see if that becomes an option. Priority Pass customers do have access to SkyTeam lounge at London Heathrow, Dubai and Vancouver.
What’s next? SkyTeam plans to open its eighth branded lounge in Santiago, Chile, in early 2020.
Featured image courtesy of SkyTeam
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees