This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Good news for IHG Rewards Club Select Credit Card holders: IHG has confirmed that those with the old IHG card will have one of the card’s most loved benefits extended.
When IHG introduced the IHG Rewards Club Premier Card in April, the hotel chain announced that it would be devaluing the free night certificate issued on cardmember’s anniversaries. Instead of being good for a free night at any IHG property, the certificate would now only work at hotels that cost up to 40,000 points per night — leaving out the company’s top-tier properties.
For those who hold the IHG Rewards Club Select Credit Card, IHG has confirmed that free night certificates issued through next year on May 1, 2019 will still work at any IHG property. Originally IHG had stated that after May 1, 2018 any free night certificates issued to Club Select cardholders would be capped at properties that cost 40,000 points or less, so this pushes back the deadline by a full year.
We’ve reached out to IHG to confirm the details of the tweet but had not received comment by the time of publication. There’s no indication that new IHG Rewards Club Premier Card cardholders will receive uncapped free night certificates, especially since the card offer advertises free nights at 40,000 point properties or less.
Featured image courtesy of IHG.
Earn 80,000 points, worth up to $480 with the IHG Rewards Premier Card. With this card you'll get IHG Rewards Platinum Elite status which more than negates the value of the $89 annual fee. You'll also earn 10 points per dollar at IHG hotels, 2 points per dollar on gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants and 1 point per dollar on everything else.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after spending $2,000 on purchases within the first three months of account opening
- Enjoy a Free Night after each account anniversary year at eligible IHG hotels worldwide. Plus, enjoy a free reward night when you redeem points for any stay of 4 or more nights
- Earn 10 points per $1 spent when you stay at an IHG hotel
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants. Earn 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Platinum Elite status as long as you remain a Premier card member
- Global Entry or TSA Pre✓® Fee Credit of up to $100 every 4 years as reimbursement for the application fee charged to your card
- IHG Rewards Club Bonus points are redeemable at hotels such as InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Kimpton®, EVEN® Hotels, Indigo® Hotels & Holiday Inn®